YOUR first million?

Mudpuppy

That's a bit of a difficult question...I spent my first two years or so on Neopets acting like a noob, to be blunt. xD So I only managed to save up about 33k in those two years! But after I discovered TDN, everything changed, and since I actually knew how to earn the money...starting from when I started to seriously save, it took about a month. ;) I mainly played games, restocking lightly, and using the stock market (but very rarely).

Hmm, the new plot may have some battles...so I'm not sure whether or not i should sell my codestones :/
I'd save them if i was you until we are more into the plot, you never know and if you sell them too soon you might regret it! :(

I pretty much earned my first million through games, and selling things in my shop. Sometimes I sell something in particular, like paint brushes or petpets for a while, and try to catch really low priced items through the shop wiz. But games have been the most reliable!

Hum, I already had 400k on an old account, then I started a new account and took those NP with me, and now I have 1,8 mill. :) I barely play games anymore, just the stock market and I restock. ^^ I think that's how I got my first mill too.

I don't remember when I earned my first million, though I do know that it was earned playing games and selling items in my shop. I know at one point I had it though because I have the millionaire bank account. Of course, as soon as I got it, I started spending it, so now I'm working my way back up.

My internet is so slow I can't really restock, or play key quest - its so unfair! lol. But I try to earn at least 5k a day (more at weekends - more like 15k). I used to play neoquest alot so it gave me alot of random events (which therefore gave me good items - like lab maps), which I might start doing again :P That and sponsored games!

I have my routine of dailies that I do, including a few quick games and such. That usually gets me about 10k a day. Occassionally, I'll have days where I'll absentmindedly play non-flash games while watching tv or something, and every once in a while I'll spend a day working hard on Key Quest and sell off the neggs/other random items. Other than that, I really don't do much. It's slow going, but I'm almost at 1.5mil and I've already spent on the Lab Map, so I guess that's something, since this accounts only been active for about seven months.

It took me around 6 months of serious playing to make my first million. I was up to around 950,000np when I won a spotted paint brush on the Fruit Machine which I sold for around the 900k mark, but then blew most of it on a lab map. Currently down to 600k with about the same amount in stocks. I'm quite hopeless everytime I get a bit of NP I spend it.

My sister is amazing though she has about 7mil!!!

I was desperate for the Lab map, it was the first thing I wanted when I signed up again, but because I don't have much time to play like all the games, I try and win key quest as often as i can, I sell all the codestones, neggs and maps so that was a bonus. I also do all my dailies, update my shop stock often and well, rely on goodluck. :) It took me a while to get there, but meh aha.

Hmm...I got my first million by playing a LOT of games, and selling some of the things I sniped in auctions. :D

I get most of my money (including my first million) through playing games and sell every codestone, dubloon and bottled faerie that I found. It took me a few months. But I only play the games I like, I don't really set myself a goal to make at least x-amount of np per day.

I found it a lot easier when there was no limit of 3x the same game, 1000 np max per game. :P

I recently started playing the stock market too, but I haven't had many profit yet.

I'm almost at 5 million. I think I made my first million in like 8 or 9 months. I was hovering around 3 million after I kept buying things. I'm pretty much on Neopets for the games, so I play and bank. I would say the first million took the longest. Once my bank interest was over 1k it sped up a lot.

I would also have to add that the dailies are really underestimated and underutilised! I have so far won 2 paintbrushes, countless dubloons & bottled faeries plus a variety of other notable items from the dailes. The wheels especially. And key quest is always good for a chunk of neopoints!

never did make a million, though I might in another cupple months XD

how? BUY IT! lol well, neopets really isn't the sort of game I'm good with. Too many items, too many pages, too many games, too many… -.-|||. Especially since half of the items are useless, plus another large portion of retired features, tons of ads, kinda get too confused. Result of that, is never saving more then 200k at a time lol. Ended up with starts on weird collections every time (though always give up after a month or 2…). Well I guess you'll have to count in me being too lazy to invest large amounts of time and work.

• 1 month later...

oh god my first million was soooo hard to get. i played games, used the auction etc (the regular and long way to get it)

and i spent it so quickly when i got it :D

when the ona first came out it was worth near 1m and i bought it for my cousin rofl...there went my 1m =]

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topcis that have been inactive for more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.

First mil was definitely from playing games some time ago. Then that was my goal so it was play games and bank the NP. But I remember buying a cybunny transforgmation potion for a "hefty" price through the shop wiz!! Hah!

Right now NO one should have an excuse - you can easily make 100k a day by sending your daily scores 10 times! :)

I usually hover around 1-2 mil in the bank - been spending a lot, buying 100k things kinda on a whim, like a silver knight negg. :* And potions/pbs.. and stripy things...

Anywho, I've never gotten into the restocking, etc ~ usually just play games, dailies, and sell my crap and things I come across. I'll occasionally go through the codestones on the SW and "restock" there.... but more often then not I end up using them at the training school...