How did you find out about neopets?

silentcrescendo

I played a game called Petz, and was highly involved in the Petz community online, even had a "kennel and cattery" ( basically a website where you host petz shows and put petz up for adoption"

One girl had a aisha button to click to join neopets, and i thought it looked interesting so i joined. It was a lot different back then...

I remember petz! I never got that into it, but I totally did play it.

I joined neo way back in the day cause I had a friend that was really into it. But at the time I thought it was childish and didn't keep playing.

Then I stumbled back onto it several years later (I kick myself now for loosing that first account) and I haven't quite playing ever since.

My sister-in-law told me about Neopets. She showed it to me as an alternative to playing Flash games on AddictingGames, because "it has cute pets, and you earn points for playing games, so that you can buy cool stuff for your pet." I resisted joining for many months, because I knew that I'd be hooked. And I was entirely right!

I was around 11 when I first got into it, so I have no idea! But its something I've been thinking about lately. Because I live in England, and none of my friends play, and at that stage it was so so fresh and new, I know couldn't have seen it on anything or advistised anywhere. I THINK I typed something in wrong once (I believe I was looking for gigapets, like tamagotchi's) and it came up and I thought it looked interesting. It was all alot simpler then too :) I got quite good but then (like so many others) I thought I'd outgrown it... 7 years later I started thinking about it again and here I am :P

When I was about 8 my freind Brianna showed me it during the Mcdonalds promotion thing. I got hooked and I kept having an urge to play Meerca chase. xD

Now i'm a 4 year player and I miss the origanal Neo so much. D:

I actually saw a small article in a family circle magazine when the site first opened, and my mum helped me make my first account and pet xD we just got the internet back then lol, but i didn't know what i was doing and lost interest, then came back a few years later when a school friend was talking about it, and thats still the same account im using today :)

I joined Neo because of Nikelodeon. I found it while playing Nicktropolis XD

EDIT: Forgot to mention, a Nicktropolis friend (who I never knew would end up a friend, and I don't remember her username/ my PW for Nictropolis) Anyway, i could make an account, didn't work on my PC so she made it and I just logged on her :D

I had heard about it, but I didn't play it (it looked very kiddish). Then, I became friends with these girls who had just moved to my area, and they played Neopets. So I joined and got sucked in. The funny thing is, when I got sucked in, they stopped playing almost completely.

I think I was in like 4th grade, and I went over to a friend of my mom's house (blarh, grammar is off today) and her daughter showed me Neo, then we started playing it. :'3

I was totally obsessed for like 2 years, then I found another pet site thus, I quit. xD