Did I just get scamed?

Vixensykerd

I was in the trading post looking for secret lab map pieces, and I tried to put in a trade for one of the pieces that I saw (an expensive one at that >:( ), I put in my offer, and then it went back to the opening screen like normal, I went to cheack on it and it says "No offers have been made", and I also haven't got my money back :O ! I guess I just got scammed? Am I right? Also, what do I do now? Using the back button I think I know who's account it was, but I'm not sure and I don't want to get anyone into any trouble if it wasn't them - am I being too soft? Arrrghhhh!

Anyway, in the mean time, I'll try and earn some of those neopoints back >:(

Thanks!

VixenSykerd

Update: Neopets sent me a message a few hours later saying the trade had ended and it had been sucessful, but I still hadn't got the item or the neopoints. I decided to contact the seller and they said they'd received the neopoints but the item wasn't taken off them, so he sent me it as a neofriend item send!

Very lucky in my opinion! Lets just hope it doesn't happen often!

Update: Neopets sent me a message a few hours later saying the trade had ended and it had been sucessful, but I still hadn't got the item or the neopoints. I decided to contact the seller and they said they'd received the neopoints but the item wasn't taken off them, so he sent me it as a neofriend item send!

Very lucky in my opinion! Lets just hope it doesn't happen often!

Oh, phew. Luckily the owner wasn't under 13 and you couldn't neomail him and that stuff... Glad you still got the item!

i was trading for my last lab map piece and i cancelled the lot right as the person accepted it

because i found someone who would sell it to me cheaper

well i got the lab map piece still and the np's were never taken out of my account.

the person never sent me a msg saying she never got the points so i guess i just got REALLY REALLY lucky :yes:

I'm glad for you that your trade worked out, it is a lucky thing to find an honest neopian sometimes. I haven't had too much trouble but I've heard a lot of stories. I'm not very experienced with trades or auctions n such so I'm often afraid someone will think I'm scamming them when I take too long, but so far no worries. The two times that stick in my head that I got lucky would be 1) When I borrowed the chakato card and just gave it back to the lender instead of putting up a trade. Thank goodness they sent me my (300k at the time) nps back!! lol and then 2) I borrowed 'adam' from a friend but thought you had to go to the about page with more than enough (instead of exact) and sent the nps back without getting the avie. Lucky for me they lent me again the next day and I did it right that time :P