um what the?

Shadaw the Rampage

>=O i spent 99k on a weapon that only works for lutari but theres no lutari in existance from what i understand sense the pb still doesnt work! so can someone explain to me why theres weapons for a non-existant pet.

{stops rant long enough to ask a second important question}

i bought it sense the battlepedia had no data on it, i mean quite litterally theres no mention of this weapon at all in there. it might be a good idea to make a entry on it stateing "is currently unusable do not buy it" or something.

seriously though why make a unusable weapon?! >=O

Thats really strange o.o hey, at least you got it cheap and you can sell it off later when lutari colours do come out ^^

admittedly im a shop wizard restocker lately. i saw it and said "hey maybe i can get credit for the information and make a profit"

----- {insert battledome here} -----

"sorry this weapon can only be used by lutari"

>=O me "WHAT?! I SPENT 99,999NP ON A ITEM I CANT EVEN WEILD..... AND THATS IMPOSSIBLE TO WEILD?!"

it wouldnt irk me so much if they'd at least made it.... idk obtainable to use, with other weapons theres always mp's. in this case there is no known way to obtain a lutari color. thats what has me angry really not so much the fact i cant use it, the fact that its currently IMPOSSIBLE the use. -,..,- i think im going to go talk to neopets about this. {goes to find the form to ""submit my ideas and feedback""}

Uhm...it means the weapon is only usable by a Lutari *pet* (as in the species, not the currently-nonexistent color) -- in other words, it's a weapon that, like many others, is species-specific. ;) Granted Lutari pets are quite hard to come by; now that Neopets Mobile has gone the way of the dinosaur they'll most likely go back to being a normal LE pet. As of right now there are no MPs available -- hopefully there will be soon, but right now the only way to get one is to either create it on its pet day or get lucky enough to get one from the lab. But at least the weapon *is* usable as long as you have the right species. ;) Odd that there's no Battlepedia entry though, perhaps it's fairly new? Ah well, hopefully you can resell it for a decent profit.

again, there was no mention that the weapon only works for that pet.... or did i say that in my angry letter to neopets?

just encase, yes it might be useable for the pet. {was thinking it was kind of odd it was a based on color not actual pet}

but if thats the case the resell market just narrowed to two people "the very very wealthy with a lutari" and "the people who collect lutari"

and that struck me as odd also that the battlepedia had no entry of it... there was two new weapons released also the other day for atlidor that also wernt listed...

Out of curiosity, you did say the name of the item was "Lutari Lance", right? Items that are species-specific *should* have the name of that species in the name of the item (i.e. "Jade Sword of the Ogrin" -- if a Battledome item is named that way, you can pretty much guarantee that it is *only* usable by the species in the name of the item.) If the item name doesn't have "Lutari" in it somewhere, it would definitely be a good idea to submit that to TNT so they can fix it. However, if it is called something like "Lutari Lance", then it is named properly; and knowing that it is species-specific from its name is all part of the learning curve of restocking, as is figuring out what items are likely to net you a profit and which aren't.

Again, if the item was very newly released, whoever updates the Battlepedia probably hasn't gotten around to adding it yet. Though if you can find a tester with a Lutari who you'd be willing to loan the item to (or if they're willing to buy it -- if I still had my old account I would since my Lutari was my BD pet, but oh well :() so they can test the item for TDN, I bet they'd really appreciate it. :)

-.- its called Lutari Lance but heres the thing, its "Lutari" Lance which means the weapon is simply named lance if thats the case instead of it being called something like "lance of lutari" which accurately describes it in my oppinion. its not that i cant resell it, but im keeping onto it till i hear back from tnt. i explained what happened and even explained i dont want componsation for it i just want answers.

------- edit --------

and i wouldnt mind loaning it to someone if i got collateral for the weapon first, but im debateing on just keeping it. sense i doubt ill be able to make np back off it.

I think you just misunderstood. Any item that has a pet name in it, is specific to that pet and that pet only.

This is in place for weapons, clothes etc

Some items are too new to have a lot of information on them. That might be why they aren't accurately updated in battlepedia.

Lutari Lance - r93 [Very Rare]

A Lutari will have a bit of luck added to your fight with this lance.

Category: Defence Magic

Release Date: April 18, 2009

The description probably signifies that it is usable by a Lutari, meaning the species, not the colour.

Also, there are few in existance probably because it's a relatively new item (April 18, 2009).

Lutari Battle Helmet, Lutari Battle Sword, and Lutari Battle Torch are Lutari species-specific battle items.

Lutari Lance is one of two Lutari species-specific defense items. The other is Full Lutari Armor.

But species-specific items are not limited to Battle and Defense Magic. Clothing is probably the largest category of species-specific items, particularly since Paint Brushes come with pet-specific clothes. A Pirate Lutari, for instance, comes with a Pirate Lutari Bandana and a Pirate Lutari Earring, neither of which are wearable by any other type of pet.

Referenced from these Neopian Times editorials:

This Editorial says:

If their is something that says Regal Mynci Stars,can a different pet use it? ~ kittycatqueen54321

While it can be equipped to any Neopet, it will do nothing in the Battledome. Generally, Battledome items with the name of a type of Neopet in it are species specific and do special things for that species. They are useless to other types of Neopets because of this.

This one also says that your pet will not change into a Lutari if you equip it with a Lutari Lance; it simply means the item will not work in the Battledome.

ok then its my fualt, but on the same token when your store restocking and its the only one on the sw {at the time} -.^ then that makes it all the more difficult to really stop and read it. but i was wrong ill admit that.