Forums avatars / attachments wiped

Ian

Hello everybody,

Recently, another web site (that is out of Bumpwire and The Daily Neopets' control) on our web server was compromised. This web site has been secured. But, we believe that this may have affected The Daily Neopets and TDN Forums. To keep your TDN accounts safe, we recommend you do the following:

• Update your myTDN account password
  • Update your TDN Forums account password

Your Neopets account has not be compromised in any shape or form, no worries. This is specific to TDN only (and has nothing to do with cookie grabbers whatsoever).

In addition, we have taken these steps to further secure TDN and TDN Forums:

• Deleted all user-uploaded attachments (in case of malicious files)
  • Deleted all user-uploaded forum avatars (in case of malicious files)
  • Disabled the avatar upload form *
  • Disabled PM attachments
  • Disabled post attachments (basically, attachments everywhere)

* Our forum still allows avatars though! You just can't upload them here. You can upload them somewhere else like ImageShack or Photobucket (then input the URL here), or you can choose an avatar from our preset gallery.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best,

Ian

The Daily Neopets Management

Thanks much Ian.

I guess that means I really should change my password to both the forums and myTDN... especially since I have staff powers for the BP now.

You are extremely good for doing this.

Also, may I ask, what was that debug information doing down at the bottom of the forums pages for the last few days? o-o

Thanks much Ian.

I guess that means I really should change my password to both the forums and myTDN... especially since I have staff powers for the BP now.

You are extremely good for doing this.

Also, may I ask, what was that debug information doing down at the bottom of the forums pages for the last few days? o-o

Oh, that's not just me for the debug thing? -whew- At first, I thought it had been there forever and that I just never noticed it. o_O;

its from my computer (its the same picture I uploaded before, so it SHOULD work) ... I edited the web version, so I cant just go ahead and use the web one...

when I try and change my personal photo from the control panel I get this message:

No access permissions

Sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel.

its from my computer (its the same picture I uploaded before, so it SHOULD work) ... I edited the web version, so I cant just go ahead and use the web one...

when I try and change my personal photo from the control panel I get this message:

No access permissions

Sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel.

Upload the avatar to a photo hosting website (like photobucket) and use the address from there.

So, THAT'S what that debug thing was. I thought it was just Ian doing a big update. D:
I was wondering what that was. I thought there was something wrong with the Internet or the computer.