Do you have any good Gimp Brushes Sites or Links (other than ones that can be found on DA)

linda

Do you have any good Gimp Brushes Sites or Links (other than ones that can be found on DA).

Thanks guys :) Just looking for some spazzy brushes that aren't used everywhere else (esp. since they've been added on deviantart already) :/

Guides on how to make cool looking gimp brushes are appreciated as well :D.

ummm I have nooooooo idea what so ever when you say 'gimp brushes sites'

sooo,,, good luck with that :S

Um thanks anyways :)

Gimp is a program that's very similar to Photoshop. It's free too :)

I understand where you're coming from on wanting brushes that aren't used everywhere, because then your work gets the mark of the "borrowed art". Though if you use brushes only to enhance rather than making it the main dish of the thing, then I think it's usually alright. Or layer enough stuff on top of each other so you can't tell the difference... :laughingsmiley:

Anywayzz: Free Gimp Brushes, 30 Gimp Tutorials

This site says that PS brushes are compatible with Gimp 2.4+, so you can consider PS brushes, as well as GMP. :D It also has a whole lot of brushes listed under that little description, though it looks like a lot of them are DA anyway...

How to convert PS brushes to Gimp

Happy art-making and have a nice day!! :woot:

I understand where you're coming from on wanting brushes that aren't used everywhere, because then your work gets the mark of the "borrowed art". Though if you use brushes only to enhance rather than making it the main dish of the thing, then I think it's usually alright. Or layer enough stuff on top of each other so you can't tell the difference... :laughingsmiley:

Anywayzz: Free Gimp Brushes, 30 Gimp Tutorials

This site says that PS brushes are compatible with Gimp 2.4+, so you can consider PS brushes, as well as GMP. :D It also has a whole lot of brushes listed under that little description, though it looks like a lot of them are DA anyway...

How to convert PS brushes to Gimp

Happy art-making and have a nice day!! :woot:

HOOTS...Thank you so much :D You're a life saver. XD I've been looking for something like that for ages.

Yeah, the ps converter wasn't working for me (the one on deviantart that someone made themselves)

I'll go check this one out :)

• 10 months later...

Oh, I love GIMP! I use it and Paint Shop Pro 7. I don't think that you can put any custom brushes or fonts on it, at least not the way you do normally...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Noog) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't bump a topic that has been inactive for over 3 weeks old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.