Hello, I'm new

My name is Mary and I'm glad to be here. I'm not exactly new to Neopets but after a few years of using auxiliary sites like this one I've decided to come out and say hi. I'm extremely shy by nature, and this is the first time I've posted on any site in about five years.

I joined Neopets 8 years ago, when I was fairly young. I took a few years hiatus because I was too shy to talk on the boards, and without that there didn't seem to be much point in playing any more. I am more confident now and came back, and have started anew with an entirely new account. I still have access to the old account (starrysky78) and I take care of my pets on it but I spend most of my time on my new one (missagnesbirdsong).

Outside of Neopets I enjoy outdoor sports, offbeat tourism, crafting, and the rest of the internet. I am in school to become a librarian, and my major is in philosophy.

I look forward to meeting everybody here. If you would like to contact me here or on Neopets you're more than welcome.

A librarian, thats cool! :) So welcome to TDN, I'm a long time player as well, I started playing when neo first came out (the account I use now was created long after that, I lost my original account unfortunatly).

Anyways what kind of outdoor sports are you into?

Hi and welcome to the TDN forums!

I look forward to getting to know you too! =)

I'm not a librarian, but I do work at my local library.

It's very close, so I can easily ride my bike there. ^^

And I also love outdoor sports! One of my faves is wakeboarding. =)

Anyway, see you around!

I'm not a librarian, but I do work at my local library.

Oh, I envy you then :) I've always wanted to work in a library, but because of budget cuts nobody's been hiring in libraries around here since I was old enough to work. I just recently got an internship at an archaeological library though, I'm terribly excited about it and maybe soon I'll have enough experience to get a job in a private collection.

I've never tried wakeboarding, by outdoor sports I mean hiking, camping, and so forth. I especially enjoy rock climbing and caving, but the area I live in isn't excellent for caves so I'm saving up to visit Kentucky and scout the caves around there. My dream is to climb mountains, and one day summit Everest, but I'm a long way from that goal; I'm in good enough shape to boulder the stuff around here but I need to be in much better physical condition and much more experienced with climbing to even think about buying a ticket to Tibet.

I live maybe 40 minutes from my downtown so some days I go urban exploring but I've had some bad luck with cops recently so I've stayed away.

Is wakeboarding fun? I live in California so I'm supposed to be a surfer or whatever but I never got into it. How did you get into it?

Oh man, I've always wanted to try wakeboarding!! (and snowboarding, and surfing) .. wow I have alot of things I need to start doing !! :P

I get that feeling a lot. If I sit in my house for longer than four hours I get a real sense of wasting my time, and if I can't do any other outside kind of thing because of conditions, I always wonder what other hobbies I could try.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

And welcome to the forums. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.