How to start in the Battledome?

Hey!

I was wondering if people could help me making my pets ready for the battledome and explain me how everything works there. Maybe there's some newbie guide to it because I've honestly never really had a battle in the battledome before(that was successful, anyway :P )

Please help me out here. I just want to battle for avatars mainly...

Thats what I did it for!! I'm still not anything close to an expert.

What I did was go to the MI training thingey, and the first thing I focused on was HP (hit points). Now I'm raising strength and defence, but I still personally think that HP are one of the most important things. (of course any one stat can only be twice your level, so if you have level 40 then max strength is 80).

Next I went out and bought some really expensive Battledome items. I used TDN battledpedia to seek out some items that sounded good... (I avoided the hidden tower though.. lol a little too far out of my price range)

battledome is one of my favourite things x)

the most important thing is training and strategy

a good battledome set and faerie abilities are extremely helpful

the 1st thing to do is train your pet

this can be done in many ways

for me, I used the lab ray and kitchen quests to train my pet. I supplement the training with schooling (I usually train level, strength and defence at the schools becase the lab ray raises my pet's hp alot, which can unbalance my pet's stats and make it untrainable--> I like balanced and trainable pets xD )

If you're just going for the avatars, there's TONS of guides on beating specific challengers, so you really don't need to worry much about strategy since the guides give you good ways to defeat the challengers

2-player strategies require more thinking, but you're only going for the 1-player avies, so don't worry about it. x)

I don't battle much anymore on my new main with my new battle pet anymore, but I can still remember most of what I used to do x)

YAY FOR NEW BATTLERS!

tdnBP has tonnes of guides, and of course, reviews for a lot of the good weapons... and the not so good weapons. It also has a full list of 1-player challengers.

Training is the first thing that you'll have to do before you go into the arena, and so the Fast Training Guide and the Item Training Guide will be good for you -- I know they were for me. The other training guides there are also helpful.

Looking for some avatars, eh? Then look no further than the 1-player Challenger Guides on the BP! With FULL guides for the Black Pteri, Defenders of Neopia 2, the first DoN, the Meerca Henchman, Meuka, Snow Beast and the Space Faerie, you'll the never lose another battle against them again! And, for DoN, you'll earn some slick trophies. And, if the challenger you can't beat doesn't have a guide, find their 1P profile. That'll give you their stealing order (if one has been found, it will have information about a stealing order on that page), difficultly, HP and where to find them. A full list of BD avatars can be found on this Neo Avatars page.

Of course, as you can see, I love the tdnBP. I'm on trial there, so this post is all biased. :P

Also, some other guides that are helpful are the Faerie Abilities guide, the Damage Calculator (useful for choosing good weapons for certain challengers) and the Obtaining Tonu and Jetsam avatars easily guide.

I hope all of these links help, and just ask if you need anymore help!

Okay Im so finding this post extremely helpful Lion! :) you are the best!! :P

I think I waste np. I barely raised my defence and now im paying 3 codestones a time to get up there. And I taught my pet every faerie ability you can (maxed her right out! :P lol). Oh well! :) its only fake money anyways ;)

somehow i managed to beat the black pteri with little to no trouble :P I wish I had of known there was a guide for it though!!

If I ever get that space faerie code I will be using her guide for sure!!

ya Ive been training at mystery island recently, and I forgot how costly it can get to move up just one point (mind you I had to use 3 eo codestones, I have no luck what so ever!) :P

• 4 weeks later...
battledome is one of my favourite things x)

the most important thing is training and strategy

a good battledome set and faerie abilities are extremely helpful

the 1st thing to do is train your pet

this can be done in many ways

for me, I used the lab ray and kitchen quests to train my pet. I supplement the training with schooling (I usually train level, strength and defence at the schools becase the lab ray raises my pet's hp alot, which can unbalance my pet's stats and make it untrainable--> I like balanced and trainable pets xD )

If you're just going for the avatars, there's TONS of guides on beating specific challengers, so you really don't need to worry much about strategy since the guides give you good ways to defeat the challengers

2-player strategies require more thinking, but you're only going for the 1-player avies, so don't worry about it. x)

I don't battle much anymore on my new main with my new battle pet anymore, but I can still remember most of what I used to do x)

is a lab ray a map? ... everyone keeps talking about it but i have no clue what it is.

Yeah, in order to get to the lab ray you have to buy a pretty expensive map. xP

The ray is what, 800k right now? For what it does, I'd consider it extremely cheap. If you zap long enough, your pet's overall stats WILL go up, although typically their level won't be very high(in my experience). I personally think the ray is completely worth it; I recommend it to everyone, for training or just for giggles. XD

Unless of course you like the species/colour of your pet, then the lab ray isn't the best option. ..

...Yes, this is true. XD I'm actually hand-training Algae for just that reason, so I'm not sure why I forgot to mention it. Lab training IS faster, though, and overall cheaper, but if you want your Pirate Draik to kick everyone's butt you'll have to go about it the long way. ^^;

Wow BFL, I really didn't have any idea just how many resources were out there for BD newbies like myself. Thanks for putting them all in one post! A quick question though... are all items one use? I don't really want to spend like 100 000NP on a sword or something, only to lose it after a battle against say Punchbag Bob...

- Apollo ^_^

Some items are one use (ie. smoke bomb, muffins) Some items are limited use or 'breakable' where they last for a certain amount of turns, or up to (can break at anytime - ie. scroll of freezing). Then some items are usable only once in a battle, so they dissapear after one use, but come back after each battle (ie. scorchstones, freezing wand thingey). Then lastly theres the unlimited use, they never disappear and they can be used multiple times in battle (ie. prickly potion, leaf shield, golden compass, etc.)

I hope that was helpful...

• 3 weeks later...

Um, how does training work exactly? I know this is probably a really silly question, but I read the TDN Fast Training Guide, and I was a little confused. I know the Mystery Island School has a method to gaining the max number of points for certain levels, but is it the same system for the Swashbuckling Academy too? Sorry for the dumb questions. xP

• 2 weeks later...
Thats what I did it for!! I'm still not anything close to an expert.

What I did was go to the MI training thingey, and the first thing I focused on was HP (hit points). Now I'm raising strength and defence, but I still personally think that HP are one of the most important things. (of course any one stat can only be twice your level, so if you have level 40 then max strength is 80).

Next I went out and bought some really expensive Battledome items. I used TDN battledpedia to seek out some items that sounded good... (I avoided the hidden tower though.. lol a little too far out of my price range)

im not sure if this had been asked/answered, is that a list of good weapons? where can i find it? im kinda new to forums :P

I'm doing pretty good! My pet was already lvl 32 so right now I'm just training hitpoints to the max level before leveling up even more. After that I'll do strength.

• 2 months later...

Thanks For All The Tips Everyone ^^.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.