Brain Teasers!

Myriad

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! I got that, go Aussie. :P

Bob Senior, had recently died. His will plainly expressed that his 5 million dollars worth of gold was to go to Bob Junior, but it seemed that Bob Senior (we'll call him Bob from now on and Bob Junior Bobby) had hidden his gold and had given him a riddle within the will. Bobby pondered for a long while before figuring out where the gold was. Can you figure it out? Here is the will:

Great son, I have hidden the money.

Outstanding though you are, can you find my precious jewelry?

Let yourself explore your 120 arboresque friends to find the gold.

Do read on to save your time, son.

Uncovering 120 trees, though, takes forever and a day, so is it worth it?

No, so read on as you please & will.

Do not hire a professional detective.

Earn your right to the sybaritic gold.

Right side of arbor field it is.

Plot five plus six plus root of 7 or:

Instead take the 9th tree from left.

At noon the shadow will show you the difficult, unlikely solution.

Never forget the proverb: the pot will not boil by itself.

Outstanding you are, only by finding the gold do you, my son, have the right to claim it.

I would re-kill my father if I was left a will like that O.o

basicly count me out of this one, lol

hahahahaha just cheated and got the answer. i now love this one...

Lol webpixie!! Me too. :PI'll just put up another one.

There was a village controlled by the all powerful Chief. There was a theft in the village which had occurred recently, however no one knew who it was. The police had gathered up 8 suspects and brought them to the Chief. The Chief gave each of them a stick and said, "These are magic sticks. Overnight one stick will grow two inches longer than the rest. The one with the longer stick is the culprit. I want all of you to show up here again tomorrow." The next day, there was one person's stick that was two inches shorter while the other seven were two inches longer. The Chief had the person with the shorter stick arrested. How did he know that he was the culprit?

The sticks actually don't grow. The culprit thought that his stick would grow 2 inches longer because he is guilty, so that night he cut 2 inches off the stick so that his stick could be as long as the others. However it came out that he was the only one who cut the stick.

No, I think it means 2 inches longer than the other stick. Anyways,

An executive went away on a long business trip. Before he left he asked his secretary to forward all of his mail. However, he forgot to give her the key to his mailbox. When he realized his mistake, he mailed the key to his office so the secretary could send his mail to him. But, she never did mail it. The executive got angry and phoned his office, planning to fire his secretary. However, she was able to explain to him why she hadn't sent his mail. He quickly realized he was in the wrong and apologized. What did the secretary say to make the executive realize his error?

The key to his mailbox arrived in his mailbox, which the secretary couldn't open because she didn't have the key. Am I right?

Yeah. This one is pretty easy, actually I knew it cause I always look in encyclopedias. I have a set in my house. ;)

"These are very strong accusations. Are you sure, Jorden?" the librarian asked.

"Yes, I'm positive. Yesterday, I saw Beth put one of these," Jorden held up a small envelope containing white powder, "between the X and Y volumes of the Encyclopedia. After she left, a big guy in a leather jacket came in and took the envelope out and put money in. Today, after Beth came, I intercepted the envelope."

"What do you have against Beth? You obviously want to get her in trouble."

How did the librarian know Jorden was lying?

Lol, yeah. That was pretty easy. :P

Bobby Bigelow was an average sixth grader. That is, except for the fact that he had the mind of Sherlock Holmes himself. One day, while walking around the block, he noticed two of the students at school arguing over something.

The two boys were Jeremy and Jacob. Jeremy was accusing Jacob of killing his pet cockroach! As Bobby looked at the shiny back of the creature, Jacob explained his story.

"Jeremy let me take care of his cockroach for the day," began Jacob, "I kept it with me the whole day. About half an hour ago, I noticed that the cockroach had not moved for a long time. When I found that it didn't move when I tapped the cage, I called Jeremy. I left the cockroach exactly as it was, and here we are. Jeremy accusing me of killing his cockroach."

After a few moments, Bobby concluded that Jacob had indeed killed the cockroach.

Why was he so sure?

The answer is, when cockroaches die, the roll over on their backs. So when the guys saw the dead cockrochs' back, he knew it was killed. :P

The first is needed to make quotes you see,

And it often sticks up when it's time for noon tea.

The second's biggest distinction is found

Bearing the symbol of love that is bound.

The third should be biggest but that can depend,

Never standing alone or it may offend.

The fourth is oft used when making a selection

Or if you should need a gun for protection.

The fifth is the fattest and oddest by far,

And can sometimes be found in a wrestling war.

What are they?