Brain Teasers!

Myriad

(Yay I love Science :) !)

That would be because Neon transformers have very hi voltage, but nearly no amperage. So they send out a jolt but it isn't powerful enough to kill.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, You like science? You're really good at it. :)

This teaser is pretty odd, I guess.

Duffus often had friends over for tea, but most of them brought their kids, who had a tendency to eat any snack food found within a hundred meter radius. No matter where he hid his stash like starving piranhas they found and devoured his snacks. So Duffus being no duffis (well then again) devised a plan to save his snacks. He made up a game to hand out snacks to those who could guess the color of the marble he held behind his back. One at a time, a kid could enter the kitchen and guess, but they couldn't hear the others' answers. They could pick from red, green, blue, or yellow as the colors the marble might be. Duffus had the marble in one hand and would say, "When I show you the marble, what color will it be?" Duffus didn't switch marbles or pick a marble color other than the four stated. There was nothing on the table in front of him except his ice tea; Duffus loved his tea, though usually hot. When all the kids had a turn, every color had been picked, yet no one won. Duffus had not cheated and all the kids saw the marble after their guess. Thus Duffus saved his snacks - at least this time.

What did Duffus do?

Did he have a clear/translucent glass marble?

ie, "what colour will it be when I show you?" - the marble can be placed anywhere to affect its colour.

That, or he had a creepy mood-ring marble. :P

Um, hi. Yeah, that one's right. :) This is a pretty hard one.

Justin Case and Auntie Bellum are fellow con artists who deliver coded messages to each other to communicate. Recently Auntie Bellum was put in jail for stealing a rare and expensive diamond. Only a few days after this, Justin Case sent her a friendly letter asking her how she was. On the inside of the envelope of the letter, he hid a code. Yesterday, Auntie Bellum escaped and left the envelope and the letter inside the jail cell. The police did some research and found the code on the inside of the envelope, but they haven't been able to crack it. Could you help the police find out what the message is?

This is the code:

llwatchawtfeclocklnisksundialcirbetimersool

(Sorry i didn't look at this board to see the last post saying i could post the answer, again sorry)

I think that would be it is written backwards. So it would read:clock lnisk sundial cirbe timer sool,and if you take out all the time related words (clock,sundial,timer) it then reads:loose bricks in left wall.

Yeah. You guys are really smart! This next one is pretty easy, but I like it. :)

I am a wild, untamed beast:

I command respect and awe in most,

and those who regard me as harmless

will most likely find themselves dead by my hand.

Men cannot control me, or hold me behind bars,

But they ride me. However,

They must use caution, for at any moment I can

Rear up, throw them aloft,

and swallow them whole.

Poems have been written to my mighty roar,

And yet children play carelessly beside me.

I am a mighty entity, and one day

I shall rise above the entire Earth.

What am I?

Yup, that's easy: it's the ocean.

It's the part about the roar that rung a bell.

I thought it was the 'people ride me' bit. :)

I am used to bring thoughts to life,

And I come in different colors.

I have a stone in my middle

And with my outside you could make a fiddle.

What am I?

Yeah. I guess it any pencil, really. I don't get the fiddle bit!

Mad Ade gives you three words, and you must type in the single word that can be added to each to make three new words. Example: fish, board, dust. Answer: star (starfish, starboard, stardust)

The word can go at either end of the given words.

Ray, Hole, Ion

I don't know about that one...

The fiddle bit basically tells you that the outside of a pencil is made of wood, like a fiddle.

Well, for science fiction fans, you could have ray cannon/gun, and ion cannon/gun, and cannon/gun hole, but I'm sure that's not the answer, since those don't exist in real life.

To Cat: wouldn't manhole work better than holeman? Besides, I did look it up, and I can't find any of your words in the dictionary. Unless they are proper names...

Oh, I just figured it out! I've only ever seen these as compound words before, not real words. Since this is only 18 hours old, I'll wait for someone else to answer first.

Yeah, Crash was the answer that was on it, but those are good ones too. :)

What is short enough to gain interest and long enough to cover the subject?

LOOL. This one cracked me up. o.o *Chuckle, wheeze*