Help!!!! Please

cheezy488

My account has been offline for 6 years and i wanted to go and check on it, and so did my friend who used to play, i was thinking, no problem, i wrote down every password to every game i have ever played long enough to care even a little about. But now even with my username and PW, t still won't let me log in, it says i need a birthday....odd, why would they do that? I usually make up BS birthdays for this stuff, so i tried my real one just to make sure,nope, i remmeber i made it younger than 13 6 years ago and could not have friends and stuff, 6 years ago. So 6 years ago i had tried faxing parental permission sheet, and guess what, i found it! It had my fake Bday on it but that doesn't work either!!

How do i get it to work, thanks, is there even anything i could do?

I know my password, it won't let me on because i type my birthday in wrong....[removed] is this, i got my username,i got my password, why can't it let me on????

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not curse in any way. This includes acronyms of inappropriate words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

If you haven't logged on in a long, long time TNT uses the birthday validation to make sure it's really you logging into it. It prevents (sort of) people from taking long lost accounts and using it like it's their own.

Unfortunately, if you don't know what birthday you used, it's unlikely you will get the account back. You could try and contact the Neopets Team, but I'm sure you would need other information other than your password to earn it back - For frozen users, you must provide your recent Neomails, trades, pets you created (not adopted), pets you sent to the pound, sales history, etc etc. After six years you might not remember those kinds of things.

However, there is a tedious process I've found here: http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Your-Birthday-on-Neopets

Good luck!

Maybe you can petition TNT? If you are sure that the birthday you have written down is the same birthday as the one in the account, they might be willing to help you. This sounds like a glitch on their end.

I don't think it would involve much beyond a game of email tag, but it's up to you. I know I'd be sad if I lost my oldest account, even if all of my valuable things and pets were moved to a side.

If you don't log in for so long then TNT will delete your account to keep the servers cleaner - I know, it happened to me! I don't know how long it takes though, if your really trying just look up your old username to check its still there

Thats not true, my friend hadnt used his account in ages, (WAY longer than 2 yrs) and it was not deleted..

as for the birthday, I made the same mistake at one point.. I never use my real birthday for anything.. :P (except neo now)

Thats not true, my friend hadnt used his account in ages, (WAY longer than 2 yrs) and it was not deleted..

Ditto. I've only recently come back from a four(ish?) year hiatus, and all of my accounts were(are, really) in perfect condition. Of course, a whole lot of them are now inaccessible to me because of the birthday thing, but hey, you can't have everything, I suppose.

until last year....i had about a five year gap on neo and everything was still there....and i wasn't asked for a birthday or anything...but that may be because i was over 13 when i created the account...

good luck getting the account back...i know how these things can have sentimental value

This is a huge problem with neopets. I am sure many people has given them the attention of this problem, but they may just be refusing to take notice. They should know that 99% of us don't enter our real passwords...

We should file a petition on this subject... Something like recovery questions is 100% better than this.

This is a huge problem with neopets. I am sure many people has given them the attention of this problem, but they may just be refusing to take notice. They should know that 99% of us don't enter our real passwords...

We should file a petition on this subject... Something like recovery questions is 100% better than this.

I assume you mean real birthdays lol! :P

but ya they should have a secret question to enter with your password... although having things like that is another way a hacker can gain access to your account.