Five Songs You Can't Be Without? =^-^=

flyingeevee

If you had to pick only 5 songs to be on your mp3 player and only those 5 you'll have forever, which 5 would you pick and explain why that particular song?

This is purely for fun! Plus you can check out the songs from others and maybe learn a few new ones you never heard before and get SO into them =D

NOTE: Doesn't have to be in order!

My Five Songs (for only FOREVER!!!)

1) Come What May from the movie "Moulin Rouge"

Why: I fell in LOVE with this song the moment I saw the movie! That's why now it's my favoritest movie and the song will be in my heart forever! ^^

2) Bumble Bee by Bambee

Why: This is like my theme song and my fav DDR song ^^

3) Don't Cry Out by The Shiny Toy Guns

Why: This group got me addicted to this song for over 3 months nonstop!

4) Super Drive by Sakanoue Yosuke (from the anime "Gravitation")

Why: I've seen a LOT of anime and Gravitation was the only anime that I loved ALL the songs! Super Drive is my top fav for all anime songs!!! =D

5) Shake That! (CJ Stone Mix) by Scooter

Why: Scooter my boy! I'm his biggest fan and would SO hire him as my DJ for my wedding...if I had the cash xD Plus thanks to him, I met the love of my life =3 (long story lolz) I love this song more than all his other ones (and I love ALL his music! :O )

Really hard for me to pick 5...but I had to make the choice and I'm happy with it =3 *goes to listen to Song #5*

I would like to spread the word of good music =D Don't patronize me because I don't listen to the songs you like.

1. Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners

Why: It is one of the best songs recorded in the 80's. No doubt about it. :king:

2. Don't Jump the Shark Before You Save the Whale - Broadway featuring Johnny Craig (of Emarosa)

Why: It is awesome. Lyrics are good too. :woot:

3. Stick Stickly - Attack! Attack!

Why: A nice techno beat along with hardcore music never sounded so good. It is also named after a childhood memory most 90's kids might remember. :yes:

4. Desperate Times, Desperate Measures - Underoath

Why: My favorite underoath song ever. My current obsession. It just never gets old.

5. Lindsay Quit Lollygagging (Acoustic Version) - Chiodos

Why: If I'm going to keep 5 songs forever I need at least one, beautiful, touch-y song :laughingsmiley:

In the end - Linkin park

Why: Every ipod needs that song. :yes:

Move Along - AAR

Why: Sparks memories for me and I love it

I'm yours -Forgot his name

Why: Memories and it's an amazing song

Show me what i'm lokking for - Carolina liar

Why: Amazing song

Use sombody - Kings of Leon

Why: To me, it represents the Percy Jackson and the Olypmians series, plus I love the song.

Show me what i'm lokking for - Carolina liar

Why: Amazing song

That is an amazing song. I can't believe that itunes offered it for free too :) Eventually it gets old though, and I wouldn't want it forever :O Maybe just a couple of years?

I would like to spread the word of good music =D Don't patronize me because I don't listen to the songs you like.

1. Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners

Why: It is one of the best songs recorded in the 80's. No doubt about it. :king:

That IS a really really great song! :laughingsmiley: not many people know it though =(

and I agree with In the End by Linkin Park :D *has it on ipod*

MY favorites

1. Into Yesterday

Because it is from Surfs Up, my favorite movie!

2. Stand Tall

3. You Get What You Give

4. Jump (feature Nelly Furtado)

Because it is a cool song from G-Force!

5. Dreams Of An Absolution

Because it is from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 and the song is very nice!

Search these songs up on Playlist.com, these are awesome songs :)

Wow, I have so many songs that I love on my iPod, I could never pick just five to listen to. However, I will put my current favorite five.

1. I Still Care For You - Ray LaMontagne

Why: It has such a relaxing vibe to it, yet it makes me feel passionate about life. A beautiful song. For a long time I never had a favorite song, but once I listened to this one I did. :)

2. Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation

Why: It makes me feel like I can get anything I want. A very powerful song, and the sound is awesome.

3. 15 Step - Radiohead

Why: It starts out with a nice beat, then sinks into a cool vibe and builds up into several different emotions. A great song for any iPod.

4. Smooth Day - Jason Paul Bonilla & Leonard Ian Dalsemer

Why: I feel like I could fly off to Middle Earth or Narnia in this song. It is amazing! Actually, all the songs I've heard off the album (The Blue Sky Project) are incredible.

5. Rocket - Working for a Nuclear Free City

Why: The music is awesome. Sometimes it makes me feel relaxed, other times it puts me on the edge of my seat.

I wish I could put more of my favorite music, I have a big assortment of songs. These are just my top favorites. I couldn't live without any of the songs on my iPod, though. :)

1. C'etait Salement Romantique - Coeur de Pirate

It's a relatively new song, but I've spent years trying to find good French music and this is the kind of song that I know I can listen to every day.

2. Hale'iwa Hula - Amy Gilliam

This is a Hawaiian song. I would include it because I have to have a part of my culture. :D

3. Supermassive Black Hole - Muse

Because once in a while I need to listen to a kick-butt song. :D

4. Lights - Journey

I grew up listening to them, and Lights is my favorite Journey song.

5. Tequila Sunrise - The Eagles

Same reason as with Journey.

1) The Fray - Never Say Never

2) Greenday - 21 Guns

3) Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk

4) Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat - Lucky

5) Daughtry - What About Now

WHY? All have nice lyrics and melody :headphone:

I've heard and LOVE every one of those songs(especially Never say never and Lucky)except Boys Like Girls.

1. I Never Wanted by As I Lay Dying

Why: It's my favorite song ever, it's an awesome song, it has a good meaning, and it's screamo :D

2. Cellar Door by Escape the Fate

Why: It's a good song, and Escape the Fate needs to be on my list :D

3. Don't Touch That Dial by He is Legend

Why: I dunno, it's a great song :D

4. There You'll be by Faith Hill

Why: It's been one of my favorites for a long time.

5. The Last Night by Skillet

Why: It reminds me that there is always someone there, when it seems like there is no one.

1) "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding

Why: It's my favorite song, period.

2) "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" by Cindy Lauper

Why: My theme song.

3) Some Alanis Morissette Song, Probably "I Was Hoping"

Why: I love her music and a lot of times like songs because of how well I sing them, and I sing her songs really well.

4) "Istanbul Not Constantinople" by They Might Be Giants

Why: It's a cheer up song, you cannot hear this song and not be happy. I dare you to try.

5) Some Musical Song, Probably Something By Stephen Schwartz, From "The Prince Of Egypt" or "The Hunchback of Notre Dam"

Why: You have to have a musical song, if you into musicals they just touch your heart like nothing else

can, and you can just belt them out at the top of your lungs and be totally absorbed in the moment of them.

(and don't knock them cause their animated Stephen Schwartz is a genius and these song are way to cool for kids movies)

Ooo this is very tricky because I change my favorite song like all the time. If I had to choose I'd go with:

1. Drive Me Crazy by Britney Spears

Why: Britney is my all time favorite so I'd have to have something by her.

2. La La Land by Demi Lovato

Why: Just saw her on tour and I just love her voice.

3. Just Wanna Be With You - Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens

Why: High School Musical 3 is my favorite movie so I would have to have something from the soundtrack and that's my favorite song.

4. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift

Why: It's a little different then the others and more of a country style instead of pop/rock.

5. Mmbop - Hanson

Why: Good childhood memories.

3. Supermassive Black Hole - Muse

Because once in a while I need to listen to a kick-butt song.

Yeah :P Awesome.

1. I Never Wanted by As I Lay Dying

Why: It's my favorite song ever, it's an awesome song, it has a good meaning, and it's screamo

Most good screamo songs have good meanings. :)

1) "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding

Why: It's my favorite song, period.

2) "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" by Cindy Lauper

Why: My theme song.

3) Some Alanis Morissette Song, Probably "I Was Hoping"

Why: I love her music and a lot of times like songs because of how well I sing them, and I sing her songs really well.

Why: It's a cheer up song, you cannot hear this song and not be happy. I dare you to try.

5) Some Musical Song, Probably Something By Stephen Schwartz, From "The Prince Of Egypt" or "The Hunchback of Notre Dam"

Why: You have to have a musical song, if you into musicals they just touch your heart like nothing else

can, and you can just belt them out at the top of your lungs and be totally absorbed in the moment of them.

(and don't knock them cause their animated Stephen Schwartz is a genius and these song are way to cool for kids movies)

Oooooh, a lot of good ones here! Classics are great =3

1. Second Chance-Shinedown

why-heard it one time and fell in love with it

2. Show Me What I'm Looking For-Carolina Liar

why-same reason

3. You Belong With Me-Taylor Swift

why-reminds me of great memoris

4. No Surprise-Daughtry

why-no one knew about it when I found it and I love the song

5. Stikwitu-Pussycat Dolls

why-had first dance to this song b)

1) Dance Music, by the Mountain Goats

It just makes me happy forever, although the subject matter isn't the most optimistic in the world. I just adore this band though.

2) Big in Japan, by Tom Waits

A lot of people I know don't like Tom Waits. Granted, his voice is one of a smoker who gargles gravel every day, but I enjoy it. XD

3) Karma(Instrumental), by Bump of Chicken

Tales of the Abyss is my favorite game ever, as is obvious if you recognize my avatar. This is the theme to that game. I always have to roll down the windows in my car when it comes on. The version with lyrics is all right, but I prefer the instrumental.

4) Secret Silken World, by David Baerwald

The lyrics to this song DO NOT EXIST ONLINE. Well, okay, they do, but not on any lyrics sites I've been on. The only place I managed to track down the words was on a message board.

5) I'm on a Boat, by The Lonely Island(feat. T-Pain)

The lyrics to this song are very vulgar. Be aware if you for some reason don't know this song and decide to google it. It's just SO SILLY. I love it.

Hmm..this is a tough one..I'll try to think of my all-time favorites,not just the songs I couldn't live without right now.

1.Angels-Robbie Williams

Why:My all time fave <3 ...I didn't really had to think before writing this down..

2.Miss you - Trentemoller

Why:So chill out,so beautiful..It still gives me goosebumps.It's mostly the song of one of my previous relationships.

3.Gorecki-Lamb

Why:Hauntingly beautiful.simple really.

4.Placebo - Every you, every me

Why:First heard it on the Soundtrack from Cruel Intentions and since that is one of my fav movies,I love this song still, after so many years

5.Dave Matthews - Some Devil

Why:My current fav.I really cannot not put this in the list.

ULTRA GASP! TMBG! Hooray for not being alone!

Um, I'll note songs later. I just wanted to say the above.

1) Leave the Light On by A Kidnap In Color

Why: It's about my favorite city (Chicago) and it's so cute

2) Show Me What I'm Looking For - Carolina Liar

Why: I kinda watched them rise up towards the top, and this song is just so cute

3) What a Catch, Donnie by Fall Out Boy

Why: It's cute (notice a pattern yet? XD) and it has a lot of my favorite people in it (Brendon Urie, Gabe Saporta...)

4) Fireflies by Owl City

Why: Cute... need I say more? XD

5) His Favorite Christmas Story by Capital Lights

Why: Can't you guess by now? XD

2) Show Me What I'm Looking For - Carolina Liar

Why: I kinda watched them rise up towards the top, and this song is just so cute

I LOVE THAT SONG! It's on my list too. I heard it on the radio one night while I was reading outside and now I absolutley LOVE it.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

Why: This song is full of harmony, guitar solos, acapella, and awesomeness. I love the way they put together this song.

"Monday, Monday" or "Creeque Alley" by The Mamas & The Papas

Why: Again, these songs have a ton of harmony. In "Monday, Monday" the 2nd chorus of 'every other day of the week is fine, yeah', you can hear the back ups singing, "yeah, yeah, yeah". On each 'yeah', you can hear the notes go downward. "Creeque Alley" tells the story of how the group was formed. Mostly, each line of a verse is sung by a different group out of the four.

"Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues

Why: It goes from an orchestra to lyrics to a flute solo to an orchestra and poetry. An interesting fact is that the orchestra parts(not the beginning) were made by a Mellotron keyboard device.

"White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane

Why: A nice early psychedic rock/acid rock song. I like the drum parts and the progression to the 'feed your head' part.

"All Day and All of the Night" by The Kinks

Why: I got hooked on this song from Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. This was the first song that I learned to play using the PS2 controller. The 'girl, I want to be with you' part does a mini cresendo.