Getting Lent Tips?

May.

So, I've recently been trying to get lent the Adam avvie.

I've made like three boards, and haven't had much luck.

I was also on a 'lending' board, but didn't get chosen there either. xD

I understand that lenders don't feel too safe lending nowadays because of scams and such.

So, I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to get lent and prove your trustworthy? ^^

honestly most of its right place right time right qualifications kind of thing... like there are accounts with much less collateral and qulifications that have been lent mspp and suapp, where I'm still looking for them.

you really just need to keep working on your collateral ... and try and stay active on the neopets boards, and with a little luck you'll get lent! :)

adam however is another story ... typically lenders don't want to give out pure np (without collateral in ets). some think you need to earn the points yourself. .. and when adams down to 5 mill or so it shouldnt be too hard with a little hard work...

but there are people who do lend Adam, you just have to find the right one, and then get lucky :P

I think that most people judge by how much effort you've put into your account. Things like rare/painted pets, high avatar counts, and trophies (even the easy ones) show lenders that you put a lot of time into your account, and people who put high effort into their accounts are probably less likely to compromise them by stealing.

I think it also helps to use your most prestigeous avatar on the AC, because people also judge based on your avatar accomplishments. Some people on the AC also judge by signature, but I don't think that's fair. Just because I fail at html, it doesn't mean I don't care about my account.

Some people on the AC also judge by signature, but I don't think that's fair. Just because I fail at html, it doesn't mean I don't care about my account.

I completely agree, I hope no one judges me by my gaustly font choices! ack! lol.

How much effort you put in definitly matters. If you have hard to get trophies, and a really high avatar count, and specially coloured pets that often makes all the difference in getting lent or not.

Speaking from a lender's point of view... I never lend if someone makes a board asking, unless they have collateral. Its all very well if I meet them somewhere else - I've been known to lend during avatar simon games if a player still needs the avatar - but someone asking for free irks me. If I put the effort into saving for the collateral, why can't they? I was lent both MSPP and SuAP via a board the lender made himself, I didn't have to ask and I did have some collateral to offer... I tried making a board once to try and find a SuAP lender but only because I had sustantial collateral to offer.

If you do still want to make boards, remember your manners. Seriously please and thank you go a long way in a lender's mind. Account things help - age you can't do much about, but current avatar count, happy pets, nice customisation, etc. I can't honestly remember the last time I actually looked at someone's userlookup before offering to lend them though. Collateral is key really... even if you can't offer full collateral, offering *something* shows you are at least trying on your own.

Grats on being lent though ;)

If you do still want to make boards, remember your manners. Seriously please and thank you go a long way in a lender's mind. Account things help - age you can't do much about, but current avatar count, happy pets, nice customisation, etc. I can't honestly remember the last time I actually looked at someone's userlookup before offering to lend them though. Collateral is key really... even if you can't offer full collateral, offering *something* shows you are at least trying on your own.

Grats on being lent though ;)

Thanks for the advice, Izzy. ^_^

Yeah, I understand that asking to be lent for free is irking, xD

which is why I often to try have collat before asking to be lent. ^^

And thank you! :]

Congrats on getting lend! I'm currently trying to get lend BGC, and these tips can come in handy. :)

ya I didnt make a board for getting lent meowy or chokato, I just happend to find one with a generous lender! :) .... Im working up to full collat on BGC then I might either borrow it or just buy it myself... its at about 30 mill right now I believe...

congrats on getting lent by the way ;)

Ah congrats! I never have enough collat but I'll keep trying to get at least 80% of the collat before I ask ;) There are some who lend for free but they are rare. I usually don't go avvie boards because they move wayyyy too fast for my poor laptop to handle XD

Congrats on your lend ^^ Its great to see people still doing that for free after all these years :)

All of my big, expensive avatars (Zafara - Double Agent, Queen Fyora, Meowclops, I Taunt The Pant Devil, and Chokato) were free lends back in the day too, especially considering i've never been good with games and earning millions of NP quickly >.<;

Congrats!!!! I know I was hoping to get Adam today do to it being so low, I've been working on getting my NP up so I'll have collat for Meowclops and Chokato. I'm finally starting to make progress after going on my last spending spree (lutari beads).

Yep I know how you feel .... each time I start to make serious progress making np I spend it on something (lutari beads, painting a pet -see maraquan lol, my neohome, battledome stats / items, expanding my gallery ... etc.!!

Too much too do, too little np to do it with! :P

I'm trying to save up enough collat for BGC. I don't think I'll ever reach that goal though with my useless spending habits. :( I have some PB's sitting in my SDB which I'm still not using on my pets. I tell myself I'll do it on Christmas, then on Christmas, I'll probably tell myself that I'll do it on my birthday. xD I heard that the ALP's next goal may be to buy a BGC after they buy the Meowclops, so if they do, I look forward to that. :)

Really? o:

That'd be awesome, if they did. ^^

I really rather hope that they buy the BGC first, there are lots of meowy lenders out there... not many BGC ones anymore...

I really rather hope that they buy the BGC first, there are lots of meowy lenders out there... not many BGC ones anymore...

True, but now Meowclops can be lend to more people. :) And BGC may be the next goal, according to Ian. I certainly hope it will be. :)

It makes sense since meowy is a more attainable goal... and easier to lend to people..

I'm really glad BGC is next !! :) I'm still plugging away trying to get decent collateral... maybe if I get lucky and get a draik egg somehow..

According to Ian? o_O

Meowy is the current goal, BGC will be the one after that!

Or maybe it was Izzy. I get confused easily. Once I see an I, it automatically goes to Ian or you. :P And yay, I'm glad that BGC will be our next goal. :) I'm scared of MSPP or SuAP. That's going to take a long time. I made myself promise that once I get lend MSPP, I'd donate 2 million to the ALP. :P

Okay, so assuming TDN gets MSPP/SuAP, (either by mass donation, or just being given it). How many people are actually going to be able to borrow it?

It's risky to do free lends... but also crazy to expect people to have 300mill collateral ... that posses a problem doesnt it.. ? :(