Am I going to get frozen? D=

caliama

So I was neomailing, and we were talking about emailing each other. I tried typing in that I couldn't do that because I forgot my password, and a message came up when I tried to send it that said something like "Don't give anybody your password!" I wasn't trying to give her my password. I just was trying to tell her that I forgot it. So I tried spelling the word "password" backward, and then it said I was using profanity. Neither message sent of course. Could I be frozen even though I meant no harm?

Nope, you should be ok since the filters stopped it from going through. The word "password" is blocked by Neo's filters (and common ways of trying to get around the filters, by spelling words backwards or whatever, are usually flagged as well.) Actually, if anything the part I would be concerned about is the emailing each other bit (since you *can* get in trouble for giving out non-Neo contact info.) But at worst I'd think you might get a warning, which isn't the end of the world as long as you don't make a habit of breaking rules. ;) My suggestion is just to politely tell her that Neo doesn't permit their users to give out their contact info.

Nope, you won't get warned. Also, in the future, just use pw instead of password or your "secret word"

No you won't be warned. But that message annoys me so much! D:

I know right? D: They also block your password if your trying to type it in.

oh, now THAT'S a scam waiting to happen. he probably know your username, and gave you that password because he wanted you on his account so that he could get you reported and frozen. some people are just mean like that. (that's just my theory, so i'm probably wrong!)

yeah, you won't get reported.

please click!

3893.png3894.png3870.png3996.png3999.png

ya ive done it accidentally before... mentioning i had forgotten my password once.

I typically dont write short neomails though, so when I went back it deleted the whole thing, and I had to retype it! :( it was so aweful!! (that in itself is punishment enough in my books)

• 3 weeks later...
So I was neomailing, and we were talking about emailing each other. I tried typing in that I couldn't do that because I forgot my password, and a message came up when I tried to send it that said something like "Don't give anybody your password!" I wasn't trying to give her my password. I just was trying to tell her that I forgot it. So I tried spelling the word "password" backward, and then it said I was using profanity. Neither message sent of course. Could I be frozen even though I meant no harm?

I doubt it. You didn't get an actual official warning from tnt. If you need to talk about your password, just write pw and you will be safe. Don't worry

I agree, the filters are a pain. I was on a rp board a looonnnggg time ago and had just finished a pretty good sized reply. When I sent it in though, the filters claimed it had 'profanity' in it (I had put nothing of the sort). Then I had to retype the entire thing, just to have it happen again.

Basically what I have learned to do is just copy my message (cntrl c, etc) before I send it just in case something like that happens. Then I have the entire message and can just edit that, instead of trying to write everything out again.

Based on what happened, you might get a warning, if that. Typically I wouldn't recommend using 'secret word' (etc) either just in case someone is randomly looking to get another user in trouble.

pw is always good, and do take the advice of always copying your message before you send it if its a long one. You never know what neopets class as profanity nowsays anyway! I Got told off for talking about the Kass Basher avatar, saying something like you have to hit the little purple thing really far or something, and I got told to respect others religions... So since the introduction of "Kassism" the filter is a little odd

profanity is basically words that could be considered as harmful to others (vulgar, abusive, etc.). Like swear words, words against someones religion, sexual things.. etc.