Same old: Lost Birthday

dnazne

Hello!

This account has been inactive for too long and cannot be returned. Please check to make sure you are spelling the username correctly and completely as this inactive account may not be the one you created. Please feel free to open a new account. Thank you for the email.

Emily T.

What does this mean, and has anyone else received a similar response? I certainly remember the name of the account I created, but how long does it take for an inactive account to become "unreturnable"? Is this code language for "Your old account isn't paying us money, so nothing doing", or is there an actual reason that a 7 1/2 year-old account (which I haven't played in...three, four years) is too old to be restarted?

Would more information help? I'd try to submit another request, but I'm not sure if it'd just piss them off. If you have any information regarding old accounts/birthdays/whatnot, I'd be highly grateful for whatever enlightenment you can provide on this issue.

I've also heard that Neopets Mobile does not require birthdays for signing in. Can anyone confirm this?

This is strange. My sister didnt log on for 3 years and she got on just fine.

I would definately email them again, and explain your situation. Maybe they can give it back?

A reason that they might me telling you this, is that they might have deleted your account. I had heard at one time that they were going to delete accounts that hadn't been logged in for years. I have no evidence to know whether this is true or false.

Good luck getting your account back.

The general rule in the past was two years inactivity leads to your account being unreturnable.

If you had still remembered the birthday and password on the account, then provided the account was still there you can sign in... but TNT won't give out that information as all their records of what they use to determine if the person submitting the retrieval form is actually the original owner have gone poof, or so I'm told. Sorry!