The New Harry Potter Movie!

xfallxxoutxxgurlx

Like it or Hate it?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Like it or Hate it?

• LOVED IT!
    • It was okay...
    • Once again, Warner Brothers destroyed another classic.
    • I wanted too throw up halfway in.
    • It didn't love it, but I didn't hate. I just liked it and I might see it again.

The new Harry Potter movie is beyond awesome!

It doesn't matter if you've read the books or not, believe me, my dad hates Harry Potter, but he was forced to come with me and he even laughed his butt off!

If you've read the book be warned its not 100% the same. They really change and mix a lot of things around but, the main plot gets across in the end anyway.

The added extra scenes that weren't in the book and when I first heard that I was mad, but now I could not care less because it ended up being soooo funny!

The only thing that disappointed me was the end, (if you've read the book than you know what happens, but for those of you who haven't I'm not going to spoil anything.), it wasn't as sad as its supposed to be. :crying:

So for those of you who have seen it, what did you think?

And have you read the book Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince?

(Oh and please no haters! If you didn't like the movie thats okay, tell us why and share your thoughts. But please be mature and not bring up the Twilight vs. HP. Thats not what this topic is about! Thank you! ^_^ )

I have read the book before a few years but I dont remember a single thingso I have begun reading the books again, a found a site that has all the books for free online and I am now in book 5.

I hate what happenes at the end of book 6 too :crying_blow:

I just hate that albus dies.

I didnt watch the movie cuz it didnt come out here yet but I feel your pain, now for HP 7, that is gonna be a block buster movie, I am tellin' ya!

I saw it a couple days ago. =)

It was pretty fun, though I'm a tad annoyed at them

leaving out Tonks/Lupin (except for a quick scene) and Bill/Fleur and adding the attack on the Burrow that just didn't make a lot of sense.

It doesn't matter if you've read the books or not, believe me, my dad hates Harry Potter, but he was forced to come with me and he even laughed his butt off!

If you've read the book be warned its not 100% the same. They really change and mix a lot of things around but, the main plot gets across in the end anyway.

The added extra scenes that weren't in the book and when I first heard that I was mad, but now I could not care less because it ended up being soooo funny!

The only thing that disappointed me was the end, (if you've read the book than you know what happens, but for those of you who haven't I'm not going to spoil anything.), it wasn't as sad as its supposed to be. :crying:

I saw last night at midnight, like I have done for every Harry Potter Movie, and all of the book since book four. Midnight premiers are the best way to see movies.

I pretty much agree with everything you said right down the line. It is by far the funniest one so far. I mean hands down the funniest, it's almost a comedy.

But then yeah, just like you said, the ending was no where near as sad as it was in the books. I don't wont to spoil it either, but I'll just say there is a really

important scene that happens at the end of the book that they did not include in the movie, and if you've read the book you know what I'm talking about.

I mean I balled my eyes out when I read the books ending, and I almost never cry, but it was just so sad. In the movie I just didn't feel much. It was too fast.

And once more, like you said, it wasn't 100% accurate, but unlike Chamber of Secret where they changed a bunch of garbage that didn't need to be changed

and replaced good scenes with bad ones, these changes I actually enjoyed. Even though it wasn't totally word for word the same it was a legitimately good movie.

Yeah, this one was MUCH more true to the book that the past few.

I think the attack on the Burrow was to compensate for the lack of battle at the end of the movie.... but I was still very confused about that bit. it was jsut so random.

Aside from what's in the spoiler tags, it was very well done, all the key things included in an organized way, even if some had to be twisted a little. And some of the things they added were awesome too.

McLaggen puking on Snape's shoes, for instance xD

Can't wait for the 7th, I plan to go to the midnight release.

It was OK...but they put a lot of strange bits in...

like when Harry said that weird thing about the pincers at Hagrid's

. xD

I'm really surprised that they changed it so

Harry was watching from the stairs at the end. Wouldn't he have run up and stopped Malfoy and the Death Eaters, then, since he'd been able to? Unlike in the book, when he had the body-bind curse on him. And why would he have let Snape get past?

But overall, it was pretty good, not my favourite though.

OMG I CANT WAIT! :D *squee* I have tickets to go see it Friday (my first day off in 6 days). I hope its as good as it looks! I've been really avoiding all reviews and what-not on it, I want fresh eyes when I see it, I don't care what critics say!

i saw it 2 days ago. i've never read any of the books but from what i've watched its pretty good. personally i found it not as "thrilling" as the other movies and there were many aspects that i didn't understand. i'm going to read the books soon so i may have a very different opinion by the time i'm finished.

I saw it last night and I didn't like it that much. I agree it was funny, but they left out some of the best memories. Like the ring has no explanation at all, and that was a very cool memory. Although, the person that played Voldemort in the later years was excellent, very good acting and that's just what I imagined him to look like, from the book.

And at the end, they left out something crucial. How do cover your words with that black bar?

OK as a movie it was really good, as the portrayal of the book I feel it did not do itself justice...

It was more of a comedy than anything else I found... and I have to say I loved the quidditch scenes, though they really just focused on Ron. I feel like.. without watching the other movies, or reading the books... the movie would have been really confusing.. it didn't stand up on its own...

other than that.. there were quite a few good laughs that came .... mostly from Rupert Grint... he really stepped out into his own on this one, the movie almost felt like it was about Ron than Harry this time around! lol...

definitly worth a look.. just don't read the book right before you go see it.. (and theres no spew anywhere in sight! :( )

Agh! I can't wait to see it and I'm so upset I haven't yet! Drat this school thing... and this work thing... and this life keeps interrupting my geeky hobbies thing... PS this emoticon looks like Harry: :nerd:

Disappointing plot imo. :S WAYYYYYYYYYY too much romance. -.- Where'd all the action go? I was looking forward to more combats! Didn't like that they took out practically everything in the beginning of the book... (Coming from someone who read the book when it was first released and doesn't remember much...)

Humourous at times yes, so another plus there I guess.

Although I have to give thumbs up for the wonderful cinematics. (castle shots, fire graphics etc)

I guess a must for family comedy but a no if you are looking forward to an animated version of the original story.

I enjoyed the movie. It was very funny, but at times I think they made it a little too funny. It had a lot of romance in it, which was okay, but I also think they put a little too much (however, that may just be me. I'm not too big on the romance movies). I think they left in most of the important stuff, and since I'd seen many reviews of the movie (about what had been left out and put in) I wasn't as disappointed as I usually am. In fact, I liked it more than I thought I would. I do wish it had a bit more action in it (I really wish they had done the

battle scene

at the end), and I wish that the part where

Dumbledore dies

was more sad (it was way more sad in the book than it was in the movie), but besides those things, it was a pretty good movie. :)

I saw it and I loved it! It was pretty funny and I was nearly in tears when

Dumbledore died.

The only things I had a problem with was that they

burned the Burrow down

for no reason really and the romance between

Harry and Ginny

seemed a little forced at some parts. Otherwise, it was awesome!

It was ok. My older sis complains that the Draco scenes should have been longer. I prefer the books but the movie is a VERY close second! They do change some bits and there is a REALLY random scene where the Weasly's house burns down? Is that a dream or what? That movie was much better than some others.

Disappointing plot imo. :S WAYYYYYYYYYY too much romance. -.- Where'd all the action go? I was looking forward to more combats! Didn't like that they took out practically everything in the beginning of the book... (Coming from someone who read the book when it was first released and doesn't remember much...)

Humourous at times yes, so another plus there I guess.

Although I have to give thumbs up for the wonderful cinematics. (castle shots, fire graphics etc)

I guess a must for family comedy but a no if you are looking forward to an animated version of the original story.

I completely agree. It definitly had me laughing.. but it was a more of a comedy than anything else... light humor to lighten the movie is one thing... but when theres practically no darkness at all..

The romance between

Harry and Ginny

was definitly forced ... its like it came out of no where, where as the romance between

Ron and Hermione

actually made sense... it builds up over the movie, as well as the past movies.

There were no real fight scenes in the movie, and

Dumbledore's funeral

was no where to be seen! It wasn't even sad when he

died

.. I was so dissapointed!

Cinematically it was a very bright film, very well shot, and pieced together. It was good, but if you're hoping for a good representation of the book series you might want to brace yourself for more dissapointment...

I bought my tickets in advance so I could see it on the first day and it was AWESOME

way better than I expected especially considering how the past ones were not that great and movies of books are usually bad

they added and took out a few scenes from the book but I think it just made the movie better

the only thing I was sad about was that they took out this huge scene from the end (if you're a fan of the book and have seen the movie: you know what I'm talking about) :(

I hope they do the last book justice though, I was thrilled when they announced they're splitting it into 2 movies :)