Paranoid about CGing

Queen Milli

Am I the only one that really doesn't want to buy things from the user shops, because of the CGers? I am currently working on my avatar count, and some of the avatars require items (e.g. Battledome av require battle items).

Massively afraid for my account, I don't want to go to usershops. Does anyone know of some sorta way that I can get these items, and still be 100% certain that my account hasn't been CGed? Or is it impossible.

Well I think everyone with a serious Neopets account has a bit of paranoia from this whole Cookie Grabbing situation. I think this really boils down to a case of simply checking who the seller is. If the seller has an old, experienced account then it's clearly not going to be a shop with Cookie grabbing. Of course, by the time you've checked out the seller, the item will probably be long gone!

The one thing that I've been doing, and I think is the easiest option, is buying from the second lowest shop thus mostly avoiding this whole situation.

The problem with checking accounts, is that you have to go and look at the persons UL. And if they are a CG, then they will most likely have something on their UL.

But thanks for the information, I think I will try the 2nd cheapest.

According to what I have read, you could use a firefox 3 browzer with a NoScript add-on. Also be sure to put a PIN on everything that can be pinned down.

Buying the second lowest price is also good. I've been doing that too just to be safer. :D

According to what I have read, you could use a firefox 3 browzer with a NoScript add-on. Also be sure to put a PIN on everything that can be pinned down.
*checks everything on that list as what I have*

The NoScript is a bit annoying as every time I go to a new page here it says:

Scripts Partially Allowed, 2/3.

*shrugs* I use FF3 and no-script along with a bit of common sense when buying from shops and I've been fine so far. FF/no-script in no way completely protects you but it does help :)

The older account thing is fine in theory, but if its an account that was CG'd itself and had a grabber placed in its shop then thats not going to help.

Basically, if it seems too good to be true then just don't click. If you see someone you know in the search results, buy theirs above all others even if they're slightly more expensive.

The other option is, whatever you want to buy: make a topic in the Shop/Auctions board with whatever you want and how much you're paying, then use the Trading Post ;) I've seen several people doing that on training boards for codestones!