Where'd my np go?

Emily

I've been playing neopets for almost 7 years. i logged into my account and did my dailies like usual. i went back to deposit some np into my bank, to avoid it being stolen by the ghosts of course. imagine my surprise when my balance read 0NP instead of the usual 7.3 mil. my question here is, does anyone know a way to view a history of your trades to see where all my points may have been spent by whoever got into my account?

contact neopets and file a clame change the password and pin on your account and your personal question. you likely wont recover the np as its long gone now, however you will at least be able to track the person down with neopets help. did you buy anything the other day?

i changed the pin and password right away and am awaiting a reply from TNT. I just hope they can find whoever did it so it doesn't happen to anyone else. I would definately recommend everyone to have a PIN number. I didn't have one before, but won't be removing the new one anytime soon xD

lol anyone who doesnt have a pin and is reading this post GET ONE! GO NOW STOP READING AND GET ONE.

:P sorry but yea the pin is one line of extra defense thats invaluable in helping to protect your np. hopefully you can recover your np and get the person cought.

lol learn elder fulthark runes {google norse runes} XD and write your password in elder fulthark XD thats what i did lol XD thats going to take people a while to uncover if they dont know what EXACT dillect you used to write it in.

You may have been CG'ed. :(

I lost 3 mill becuase of that. I don't know what page I got it from or anything either.

It dosn't matter what your password or pin is. The page is hacked and they know everything that is on your computer.

I just changed everything on neopets and some other web accounts to be safe. I sent a form to TNT. They froze my account for a day to keep it safe incase the hacker was still on while I was on or something like that, lol.

Now I have my account back and I've made 1.3k in 3 months. (School, work, dad, etc)

I'm sorry you lost your 7 mill though! Thats got to be realllly tough. :(

I got like only my bank protected with a pin, I find the rest not necessary. Well, good luck on getting it back if TNT does that! It must be sad to lose so much.

I got like only my bank protected with a pin, I find the rest not necessary. Well, good luck on getting it back if TNT does that! It must be sad to lose so much.

I don't know. I would be afraid of the pound too. One person in my guild lost a pet that had both the booktastic award and the normal book award. I would be devastated if i lost my pets. Plus i feel its better to be safe then sorry.

I really am sorry you lost so much. At least they didn't change your password and the email associated with the account. That is what happened with me. I lost everything even my pets. I hope all goes well with TNT.

apparently it can. and thats what TNT think it was. funny thing was, my gallery items, shop items and everything were fine, along with pets. it was just the bank. which makes me think it was some kind of program that specifically targets bank accounts. but i guess if it's a progam it'll be easier to trace. But apparently this is happening a lot lately, so everyone should be extra careful

A PIN on everything is definitely necessary. I got CGed two days ago because I responded to a neomail one of my neofriends sent me. It was not actually them but a CGer who had hacked their account already. It was a legitimate response to a neomail I had sent to my neofriend about a month ago. I thought it was weird that he waited a month to respond but I still responded to it thinking that maybe he had just looked over it or something. I still felt weirded out about the neomail though.

I then realized that I had only 4 items left on the TP (I had like 8 or 9 UBs on there including a neoquest hero stamp I had just RSed earlier that day worth like 2.8 mil :( ) and 6 or 7 junk items in my inventory all of a sudden. Then my pure NP on hand was reduced from about 500K to 5 K out of nowhere. I then changed my pass and PIN and logged out and cleared cookies. I then installed noscript just in case to prevent future CGers getting in my account. Unfortunately I had uninstalled it about a week ago because I did not know how to properly use it to allow good sites and prevent unknown sites and found it to be more annoying than useful. Now I am paying for it :(

It was already too late though. I noticed that I couldn't access my gallery at all and that the scammer had implanted a CGer in the link to my gallery page (noscript identified it as arab.ps -- some palestinian website :O so I kept it blocked) I tried clearing my gallery description but that did not work at all. When trying to access the gallery I would just see some disgusting short coding with a bunch of # symbols in it. I did allow the arab.ps once to see if that was the reason behind not seeing my gallery properly. I could see my gallery after allowing it but then saw that there was still some coding written at the top of the page. So I changed my PIN and pass again after confirming that it definitely was a CGer.

Definitely install the add-on noscript and only allow neopets.com while on the neopets site. Do not allow any of the other scripts that noscript detects while on neo.

The worst thing is that I did not fall for a false tarla link or a ridiculously low priced item. I thought I would never be foolish enough to be CGed. I simply got CGed because one of my neofriends was CGed first by falling for an extremely cheap trade on the TP :( The scammer then saw very old neomails from me in his inbox and then went after me probably after seeing that i had a size 853 shop and a good amount of UBs on the TP :/

My account was finally frozen a day after it all happened.......and I expect to get the account back within the next few days after filling out the form extensively *crosses fingers*. Again, everyone should be really careful and stay away from gallery pages especially because the person who CGed me changed the coding of my gallery in a matter of a couple of minutes...and causes your account to be frozen even if you stop the CGer by logging out and back in and changing your pass and PIN.

EDIT: I also forgot to add that after I had replied to the neomail I noticed that the check all option in my neomail had been disabled. So I had to click the check box next to the individual neomail to delete it which i was very scared to do...because it all seemed really fishy. And I received the same exact neomail from a different neofriend who must have also been CGed after I had already changed my pass and PIN and had booted the scammer from my account by logging out and back in. They obviously were trying to get back in :/ So the scammers can get quite crafty.

I got CGed two days ago because I responded to a neomail one of my neofriends sent me. It was not actually them but a CGer who had hacked their account already.
How can you get CGed via neomail? I'm not sure how this is possible. Can anyone explain for me?

The scammer embeds a CGer in the "reply to this neomail" link. So if you delete the neomail you are fine but the neomail to me made complete sense...so it is difficult to tell if the neomail is genuinely from your neofriend or not...well it doesn't have to be a neofriend...just anyone you have neomailed in the past and your message is still in their inbox :/ Once you click the reply button...you are cookie grabbed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is similar to what just happened to me today. I was just doing dailies, but noticed my normal np balance jump up to what was my bank balance. I was playing pyramids and that refreshes the page every click, which is why I think I caught it in process like I did. But my account ended up getting frozen right away.

Wow, seems like CGers are going all out against Neopians recently...

A little random but I tend to allude this to situations such as RL terrorism -.-.

I realised how important it is to set pin numbers for everything, as well as to monitor the activity in your account often. And if anything seems out of the ordinary, do immediately send a notice to TNT. It's all about vigilance but I can't really say that there is a foolproof method for keeping them out of your account. The best is to keep updated about all the recent methods used to CG others and try not to fall for them.

Not too much of a computer nut here, so do anti spyware, malicious software blocking devices help here? =/

I was hacked or CG'd about 2 and a half weeks ago. I didn't click on anything fishy to my knowledge, so I assume I must've accidentally gone to a shop selling things for super low prices (not thinking about the cg scams). I reported it, changed my password, and my account was frozen. It was de-iced almost a week ago, but I've moved everything to a side account with PINs on pretty much everything.

If a PIN doesn't stop CGers, what does? I'm super paranoid now.