Annual events: spiffy or overrated?

Sugar Gar

Annual Events  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the mentioned annual events?

• Neopia wouldn't be Neopia without them
    • I'm quite sick of them
    • I honestly don't care either way

• 3 weeks later...

I like all the annual things, the AC, DD, Games master challenger... But they're getting a bit boring, and filling up userlookups with the same trophies x_x I wish TNT would make something completely new, New Games Challenger thing doesn't count.

The only annual one I really care about is the AC. They can get rid of daily dare and GMC ... I dont care about those either way ... and if getting rid of those meant more plots than I'm all for it!! I REALLY REALLY want a plot!! Especially a battledome one... I've never had a pet that stood a chance in the battledome before.. so I really want to try my luck now!

I'm ready for them to shake thing up a bit, well not a bit a lot! I don't want them to get rid

of the annual events though...I just want them to make the events fresh and exciting again.

I could stand to see them get rid of the games master challenge. It seems repetitive now that we have the new game challenges.

So maybe they could replace that with a new annual even, maybe something not game based? Like a key quest tournament!

And of course we have said it a million times, but I'll say it again cause I feel strongly about it, A NEW PLOT SURE WOULD BE NICE!

I personally would like a new plot - I'm probably one of a very few who really doesn't like the AC as I don't like sports much at all. I think that's why I didn't mind the GMC because it involved trying out a lot of games, not necessarily sports based. Plots to me would just be much, much more interesting and fun.

I'm personally a huge fan of the AC. It's one of those rare times when I actually talk to people on the neoboards XD And though I enjoy both GMC and DD (I like getting prizes for playing games! :P), I wouldn't be too disappointed if they were removed, especially if it was for a plot. Other than Altador and Petpetpark, I've never been able to participate in a plot and I think it sounds like a lot of fun. Perhaps if we all get down on our hands and knees and beg TNT they will give us one? :P

The NGC and GMC both are just spin-off's off the DD, so they don't do much for me.

I don't mind the AC, but the results in it are pretty predictable - the second one year, first the next year and the first one year, cursed the next things just happen every year - the same old teams are in the top 8, same old teams down the bottom make the AC boring.

And, the AC is going into it's 5th year next year, GMC going into it's 4th in November, and DD's 4th next March. They are getting boring.

Plus, I'm getting sick of my lookup getting clogged by all of these trophies :P

I <3 the annual events!! I especially go nuts over the altador cup, even though I could never really find the time to participate as much as I want to. <_< But, I still love it. GMC is pretty fun, but not as fun as the AC. Here is how I rate the three events you named (best to least best xD):

1. Altador Cup

2. Daily Dare

3. GMC

• 1 month later...

I like some annual events like the AC, and The Advent Calendar, but prefer plots. The Tale of Woe was especially fun. I always seem to lose internet around the time of the AC so I don't get to participate as much as I want to. :grrr:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for more than 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.

I absolutley love the AC. I couldn't live without knowing it would be coming back every year.

I could do without the DD and GMC though. I like them, especially the challenge where you have to play a certain number of games but i'd gladly trade for one good plot.

I think it would be dumb to get rid of them without replacement though. I mean 1mil in price-rising items plus a new trophy and hours of fun is always welcome in my book.

Basically, as long as no one touches the Altador Cup, i'm happy.