Krawk Island slightly triumph over Maraqua!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

Yesterday, the most heated matchup was underway: Pirates vs. Mermaids (in piranha mode). The result was a very close victory to KI, in both SS and MSN, that guaranteed the win against a team that had never lost in this second half of the double round robin. Here is BlackJaguar with the report:

"Thanks HBK!

krawkisland_50.gifI'm live here at the Pirate Ship where despite the tsunamis that hit it last night, the Krawk Island Pirates continue to be in a good mood after finally stopping the Maraquan Mermaids' piranha-mode. The Pirates won Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise while drawing the rest of the games. According to our interviews, the Pirates evaded the hypnotizing song of the Mermaids by wearing ear plugs as big as shot glasses. They have evidently proved that they are the 'King of the Neopian Seas'.

lostdesert_50.gifIn another side match, the Lost Desert Mummies continue to hold their ground by defeating the Haunted Wood Zombies. They are very determined to finish the elimination round in the top three spot. faerieland_50.gifAnother exciting last minute win is from the Faerieland Faeries who have won their second Yooyuball of the season against the Altador Gladiators. We asked Her Highness Queen Fyora if she would also do a sale in the hidden tower just like The Kelp did and this is her answer:

We are very happy we won again but I don’t think that is enough to compromise one of the main sources of revenue of Faerieland.

This is the last day of the elimination round and everyone is getting ready for the semi-finals. Let’s finish this season with a bang!

Reporting live from the Krawk Island Pirate Ship, this BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC4 coverage, signing out!"

Thanks BJ! We also remind you that the groups are mostly defined, so here are our predictions (before the finals!). Confirmed teams are bolded (that have no chance at a higher or lower tier).

• Group 1 - Kreludor, Krawk Island, Lost Desert, Shenkuu
  • Group 2 - Darigan Citadel, Tyrannia, Maraqua, Mystery Island
  • Group 3 - Haunted Woods, Roo Island, Meridell, Virtupets
  • Group 4 - Kiko Lake, Terror Mountain, Altador, Faerieland

So 4 teams can change their tiers today, for better or for worse. We'll see you tomorrow, in the finals.

Good luck!

I was so happy about FL's win geat job! So far...LD has the most YYB wins (22), TY has the most SS wins (26), KI has the most MSN wins (24), and VP has the most SOSD wins (27)

I've got no problem with KL being in the 4th bracket. I will stick by them until the end. This cup was a lot of fun, I just hope we don't lose face in the finals! :) Shenkuu should have no problem retaining a top four position, although I was hoping DC would make the finals. Good luck to both team here however! And good luck to those who have the opportunity to move up also :)

Well played KI, well played! :yes: That match was actually the most fun I've had since the beginning of the AC. xD

Also, much Kudos to Faerieland!

Congrats Faerieland! =D For the 2nd win! What a comeback!

LDers, let's go all out for the cup! ;)

It would be REAL interesting to see DC move up, especially with their match against KD tomorrow...

Good luck to Darigan, but Shenkuu's not going to slip :P.

Although it would be cool to see a team win the cup twice!

Hmph. I can't argue with that, but it makes me feel like I'm not playing enough. :crying: Well, if we can't conquer the Cup this year, who knows what next year has in store? ^_^

Sorry if this comes across as rude, but why does it seem that KI is always the focus of the news? I honestly love the reports, but they seem a little biased almost always in KI's favor. I mean today's biggest headline should have been about how FL won their match for the second day in a row. That is a feat that has never been accomplished by that team. Sorry if this seems rude, but it is true...

Now that I think about it, you ARE a Krawk Islander so..

I think its more done because it was a major team going up against a team that has been doing really well for the last few matches. I do agree that FL winning again is a big deal though.

I am so annoyed though. I am leaving on vacation the second day of the semifinals and i wont be able to play after that. *tear. Either way good luck KI, KD, and LD.

Guest Krawk Islander

Faerieland got their focus yesterday, if we focused the same team twice it would be boring. And Maraqua was quite a matchup, so if the fishies had won, we'd feature them, pretty simple.

We did actually feature KI twice in a row, but that was because there were two very decisive matches for 1st back then.

But don't worry, tomorrow we'll be general. :)

congrats to Krawk Island, Kreludor , Lost Deserts , and Shenkuu because i know they made it to the semi finals we roos didnt make it but we wish luck to you four teams and soon will be handling the championship title to one you four teams Good Luck It was very Fun :thumbsup:

Since theknowledge2 is leaving for a vacation and can't play anymore, we Krawk Islanders need to play more following the loss of a good altador cup participant. Anyway, thanks theknowledge2 for your contribution. I wish you a happy holiday. And good luck to the teams vying for spots in the Finals. :evo:

33135.png

I really don't want to be biased over whether Shenkuu or DC is gonna make it to the top four, but looking at the schedule, I want to say it's gonna be Shenkuu. But as we've seen over and over again, anything can happen. Geez, I'm really excited to see the results! Good luck to everyone!

Sorry if this comes across as rude, but why does it seem that KI is always the focus of the news? I honestly love the reports, but they seem a little biased almost always in KI's favor. I mean today's biggest headline should have been about how FL won their match for the second day in a row. That is a feat that has never been accomplished by that team. Sorry if this seems rude, but it is true...

Now that I think about it, you ARE a Krawk Islander so..

I don't think what you've just said is rude at all, because it is true. Sorry, Krawk Islander, but I totally agree with you. For example, the day that Kreludor surpased Krawk Island to the first place spot the article's headline was "Krawk Island tumble down from 1st"...it should have been about Kreludor being the number one team! I agree with you about Faerieland's win too. It was a first for them, it was important. But once again, KI made the title...I wonder why? :whistle: Plus, when KD dominated KI on the 25th, KD was not revered as a tough competitor...we were just "feisty". <_< If it were LD that dominated KI would the title have been different? I think so.

I agree with you about Faerieland's win too. It was a first for them, it was important. But once again, KI made the title...I wonder why? :whistle:

Well actually, on the day of Faerieland's first victory, they were in the headline and with major focus (with the team shot and all that) - KI only got a brief mention. :P I know what it feels like to work really hard and then not get your recognition in full, but it is really too easy to read a report and end up seeing bias everywhere because that's what you were looking for in the first place. Do keep in mind that we write reports under time constraints; to be frank, we don't have the time to play favourites in our reporting. xD

I should add that the person you know as 'Krawk Islander' (better known as HBK) rarely writes the reports - he's generally the HQ guy. The majority of the reports are written by the on-site reporters, BlackJaguar (Krawk Island supporter) and AA (Maraqua supporter, incidentally he's me (: ).

Well actually, on the day of Faerieland's first victory, they were in the headline and with major focus (with the team shot and all that) - KI only got a brief mention. :P I know what it feels like to work really hard and then not get your recognition in full, but it is really too easy to read a report and end up seeing bias everywhere because that's what you were looking for in the first place. Do keep in mind that we write reports under time constraints; to be frank, we don't have the time to play favourites in our reporting. xD

I should add that the person you know as 'Krawk Islander' (better known as HBK) rarely writes the reports - he's generally the HQ guy. The majority of the reports are written by the on-site reporters, BlackJaguar (Krawk Island supporter) and AA (Maraqua supporter, incidentally he's me (: ).

I understand what you are saying, but I still think KI gets the most attention. It seems like they headline much more than other teams, even if other teams had performed just as well or better than them. I really like the daily articles on this site, in fact I stay up every night/morning to read the posts as they come up. But you can still tell who the writters are rooting for.