Faeries Find Long-Overdue Victory

antiaircraft

faerieland_group.gif

There's rejoicing aplenty in the realm of the Faeries today, as they jubilantly celebrate something that few teams ever have a chance to be quite so glad about. That's right, after 27 days of facing scorn and gruelling (often futile) battles, during which they never won a single game, but never lost their sporting, cheerful, brightly-shining team spirit, Team Faerieland finally got its moment in the spotlight; a victory over the Kiko Lakers scooted the dedicated team to their first win of the season! Kakoni Worrill, captain of the team, congratulated all of Faerieland's supporters in a long, gushing speech (originally intended as a press conference) before rushing off to arrive on the field just in time for their match against Altador. And while a match between the two bottom-ranked teams may not traditionally be of much interest, we're labelling this as a match to watch, especially with the Faeries' newfound confidence throwing doubt on the predicted outcome.

Across the pitch, Team Kiko Lake may have lost Yooyuball to Faerieland, but they certainly weren't letting up in any other arenas. Victories in all side games edged them towards that coveted margin between group 4 and group 3, and sources tell us that they'll be counting on well-focused side game play to inch that much closer in today's match against Mystery Island.

On the subject of Mystery Island, the Natives sealed their dominance over Meridell with wins in Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown, although the Knights rode away with Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise under their belt. Competition for group 2 positions remains tight, with the Haunted Woods, Maraqua, Mystery Island and Tyrannia all within striking distance of those magic numbers: 6, 7, and 8. Maraqua climbed past its competitors to 6th place after a clear victory over the Roos, while the Zombies dropped from that position to 8th after taking a pummeling from Darigan Citadel.

As for the group 1 contenders, three out of four lived up to expectations with across-the-board sweeps. The exception? Well, 'out of form' isn't something you expect to be able to say about a popular high-ranked team (at least, not while retaining most of your limbs), but even Krawk Island's own supporters are starting to use that label after Tyrannia took the wind, and all side games, out of their sails. The Pirates' victory margins are clearly dropping, but a real test of their abilities will come when they face Maraqua's as-yet-unstoppable comeback tsunami today.

In other news, we're getting reports of intermittent power outages throughout the Colosseum and surrounding areas of Neopia. Repair teams are working to find the cause of the problem, but for the moment members of the Altador Cup Committee recommend opening the Neopets home page and making sure it loads successfully before attempting to send game scores.

These outages are also playing havoc with TDN's field equipment, hence this late, relatively short report. Hopefully things will be running smoothly within the hour. As always, we wish all teams good luck!

Go Maraqua!!! The weather predicts that there'll be a huge storm among the Maraquan seas today. So the Kraw island pirates better get their life boats and jackets at the ready as they're about to sink! :yes:

As a Maraqua supporter, I say SPOT ON! :evil:

As a reporter, I say we'll still need to watch ourselves and play at our best to beat KI. Good luck to the Pirates as well! :D

Eeek, finals in two days! :O :O

That's a semi-good thing for Shenkuu, seeing as there's little chance of DC nabbing your spot in only two matches. :yes:

Congrats to Faerieland.. they have been on a drought since last year's cup.

Hmm.. Let's see if the Pirates can conquer the Neopian seas? or will the Maraquans sink the Pirates? *omg, here's that big skeith again*

Congrats to Faerieland.. they have been on a drought since last year's cup.

Hmm.. Let's see if the Pirates can conquer the Neopian seas? or will the Maraquans sink the Pirates? *omg, here's that big skeith again*

:laughingsmiley: Oten's good like that :yes: You gotta love him :)

Awesome job, Faerieland!

And I'm starting to dislike being on KI. Whenever I'm on the boards, all I see is chat and fighting. I feel like we thought we could just ride through this competition, but that's not how it's ending up. >.< Gah, if only what I say could have some impact. =P

Congrats Faerieland I know they play hard and they play a lot! Much deserved win! Also congrats to Tyrannia that was amazing in my opinion!

I'm tellin' ya, Faerieland's risin' up! They may not take the cup this year, but mark my words, they're movin' up! The cup's gonna be theirs sooner or later!

But for now, I'll keep rootin' for Krawk Island to win it. Of course everyone wants their team to win/do well so all the best to everyone. We'll see how it all plays out...

And I'm starting to dislike being on KI. Whenever I'm on the boards, all I see is chat and fighting. I feel like we thought we could just ride through this competition, but that's not how it's ending up. >.< Gah, if only what I say could have some impact. =P

Ah, well, if you're still playing Altador Cup next year, we could use another Darigan in hopes of another cup. xD No, I still think that Krawk Island's an awesome team to be on, and doing better than I had ever thought, but I support Darigan Citadel all the way. :yes: WOOT, Darigan Citadel's back in the game! :D

Awesome job, Faerieland!

ME too. I am very disappointed with KI. Maybe it is just not our year this year. Well, We'll just keep fighting to win even if it seems rather unlikely. :(

33135.png

Kiko Lake.. We have been full of surprises this time round. First to break Vpet's SoSd streak. Then we lose Yyb to Faerieland. Started off the cup with a wonderful win against Maraqua, been a bit downhill from then :P I hope we do make it into group 3, the chances seem unlikely, however.

Way to go Faerieland on your well deserving win :)