Safe shop list

-Ryan

I was just thinking, with the CGers in shops again maybe TDN could make a page that lists all the shops of people on TDN that we know are safe. Alot of us trust eachother here so I think it would be nice to have an easy link chart to the shops of the people I trust.

This is Masaryk_the_mad's idea. You happy? :P

Xepha:

1. I'm fairly certain that there's alot of people(including me) who would be glad to help out with this to make sure everything is safe.

2. If there's no CGer and no login page, I say it's safe xD

3. We could do weekly checks on all the shops, plus i'm sure most of us are pretty safe and are quick enough to clear their cookies and change their pass before the hacker can steal their account.

4. We can hav someone with Noscript go into everyones shop and check the page's coding for any CGers. I think you can ctrl + f X33 or something like that to find it. That's what someone on the avvie boards i'm not sure if it was 33 that came after the X though...

I think this sounds like a pretty good idea - and there's nothing stopping us as a community from starting such a project right here on the forums. ;) I do think it'll end up as more of a TDN community shopping catalogue than a comprehensive safe-shop list though. xD

this sounds like a good plan...and i for one would like to be on the list...

by forming a plan it will make shopping, for our fellow members here, a little safer

even if the prices are a little steep, at least we know they can be trusted...

there could be a system were shop owners are able to discount members for getting business through here...

or to ensure prices are good, using a database, like jellyneo's, to price evenly might also work...

but its essentually up to the shop owners as to what price to have their stock at...

Oh, yeah. Way to give me some credit for an idea I posted in a different thread, :P

Seriously, though, thanks for going to the effort of getting this started. I'm totally on board with this idea.

You are free to do a thread on the forums, but it won't be an official staff project for the following reasons :

- Hard to maintain

- Hard to set criteria of what is a good safe shop

- You never know when an account will be become unsafe

- People could abuse of it to raise their price like people do for Malls.

Well, I'd be willing to volunteer as a code analyser if needed. :yes:

I run a neopets tradeing card shop, i restock right from the mains so my prices are i wont say fair exactly but there a bit less then my compition. also NO glittery stuff on my shop. i dislike seeing 700 thousand lines of text so i save everyone else the pain.

also ill vollenteer to help with this idea.

This won't an official TDN feature.

Suggestion rejected.

Topic closed.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Xepha).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Xepha if you have any questions regarding this action.