Neopets Word Block

tempdisplay

How many of you have typed up something long and important on Neopets (boards, gui;ld etc) to then realise something in it has been blocked? The Neopets word block thing is SOOOO annoying like that. It doesn't even tell you what you did wrong, at least me anyway. All it says is thing that was blocked ". What is that??? :S

I think TNT should post a list of words that are blocked because I'm tired of deleting word by word trying to figure out what was blocked :grrr:

Not to be controversal but whats up with TNT and religion anyway, what suprised me though was hat someone did a typo and instead of good they wrote god, how come that wasn't blocked. That thing really aggrevaites me  o_O

Oh yeah, post here if you want to join in my rant and share your experiences :yes:

Once, I was writing a Neomail, and I was careful to not type anything controversial, but then I tried to send it, and it wouldn't go. I spent like, 10 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. Come to find out, Neopets thought a word was chatspeak for something else. I was like -_- really TNT? Really?

Once, I was writing a Neomail, and I was careful to not type anything controversial, but then I tried to send it, and it wouldn't go. I spent like, 10 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. Come to find out, Neopets thought a word was chatspeak for something else. I was like -_- really TNT? Really?

LOL. At least You have the patience to check over your messages

I think TNT should post a list of words that are blocked because I'm tired of deleting word by word trying to figure out what was blocked

No. Really bad idea. The idea is to keep the boards clean, and publishing such a list would only inspire troublemakers to find more ways around the list, since they know exactly what's blocked.

By the way, take out apostrophes in your message if you get that message. That might be a cause, since apostrophes are used majorly in PHP and SQL, which Neopets uses to code the backend.

I have the same experience as well recently. Its kind of strange to me that words that I can post earlier cannot be posted now and sometimes words that I can't post can be posted by others so I was thinking if this word can't be posted then the rest of the people should not be able to post them as well then I may know which words can post which doesn't..

No. Really bad idea. The idea is to keep the boards clean, and publishing such a list would only inspire troublemakers to find more ways around the list, since they know exactly what's blocked.

By the way, take out apostrophes in your message if you get that message. That might be a cause, since apostrophes are used majorly in PHP and SQL, which Neopets uses to code the backend.

yeah i do use a lot of apostrophes  :* but i'm going to stay clear now, maybe tha can help :D

It does that to me on my guild all the time! And I never know what it blocked. It's not like I ever type anything even remotely offensive,

inappropriate, or questionable on my guild, and yet I'd say easily 1 out of 5 of my attempted guild posts gets rejected for whatever reason.

One time I know it blocked a neomail because, in reference to the AC Cup, I said: "It's gets really hard to stay focused once you've been at it for a long time." Now taken out of context I can see how you might misconstrue that message, but I can't imagine how any one of those words managed to get blocked on it's own, and why their checker would have picked out those particular phrases is beyond me. I'm sure that's not the first time I mailed someone something that could have been taken the wrong way if out of context.

I respect the need to keep it clean on Neopets, and I guess for sake of that I'm willing to except this minor annoyance, but I wish it would tell you what word or phrase

got your post rejected. I mean if I'm using some phrase the checker is picking up I want to know it, so I don't keep using it and get red flagged by the TNT Freeze Patrol!

my latest run-in wiht TNT blocker i really spend some time on trying to make no speling mistakes, using now remotly bad words etc, it was a 3 paragrap messaged and it got blocked. so i used the "send TNT this like message if you thing we are wrong" thingy, i paged back and tried again, blocked again, fixed all mistaked, entered agian and got blocked, send them another message :) paged back again, got blocked AGAIN... now were getting fed up, so i changed some words and tried agian.... guess what, yup, still blocked so i informed them again.

then decided i will post it paragraph per paragraph to see where the problem lies... last one first, went through so i eraased it and added the secoind, went through amasingly, added the 1st, blocked agian, so i entered the last 2 together, and the first paragraph seperate, guess what happened.... it all went through o-o

i guess they did not like the 2 paragraphs together for some silly reason, but i hope they have a nice time reading it over and over and over and over....

I get that a lot in the Pinoy Avatar Chat board. Since we speak in a different language, when we get blocked, we only realize later on that one harmless word is actually a swear word in another language. :(

Same happens to me on neomail, because I use neopets in english. When I'm trying to send a neomail ALWAYS gets blocked so I have to rewrite it three or four times until I can send it...

I get that a lot in the Pinoy Avatar Chat board. Since we speak in a different language, when we get blocked, we only realize later on that one harmless word is actually a swear word in another language.

yep,happens to me too.that's kind of unfair,because we didnt know it's a swear word in another language, because we live in the philippines.

that's why I dont really post on the neoboards anymore.:O

(:

Nice to see that there are Pinay people here. I'm philipina too. :) I've heard that in a guild, if you use apostrophe first, before any word, then it'll go through. :)

I think TNT should post a list of words that are blocked because I'm tired of deleting word by word trying to figure out what was blocked :grrr:

Actually, this was a question brought up by someone in the Neopian Times recently. Not only would it help people avoid the filter, it would be kind of pointless to have a bunch of words (some of which are extremely inappropriate), in a place to be viewed by others. It would be hypocritical to have the words blatently on the site for others to see but not to use themselves.

Not to mention the fact that the list would be rather long, and tedious to make.