Krawk Island: lord and master

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

The day before last of the Altador Cup's first round brought some quite exciting results, along with some surprises no predictions seemed to guess. I'm here with your daily report (yes, both our reporters are missing again):

krawkisland.gifKrawk Island is where I'm at, and certainly a nice, festive environment surrounds me, after the pirates had a bit of fear that they wouldn't be able to beat Meridell's high scores in side games. We remind you that they were the only team to beat the former "champions of SS", Tyrannia. Preparatives are already underway for what seems to be a tough closing match of the first round, with many Fossils claiming that they will take SS and MSN. Well, we can certainly count on that, if they play well, although a random pirate near me comes up and says:

Tyrannia may be quite strong at their sports, but Meridell beat them at their sport, which coincidentally, we beat them in SS yesterday. Does this mean we're better in the side games? I dunno, but one thing I'm sure: this grog is gonna end soon! Arrr! *scurries off*

With this win, the Pirates certainly push a near 2 point margin over the 2nd placer, Darigan Citadel. However, this is still very provisional, and subject to change.

Shenkuu swept the Faeries, and taking advantage of the games of Darigan vs Lost Desert, which ended in LD's close win, and Kreludor's close win over Tyrannia, rose up to 4th place, which they had in mind for quite a while now.

Further down the table, Maraqua slipped to 12th, after a not-so-good match with the Natives (although they held up pretty well), and now are, once more, at the limit of Group 3. This team seems to be hanging by a very thin rope.

Kiko Lake were quite gloomy after seeing that they had suffered a clean sweep from the former champions, Roo Island. They (and many others) were not expecting these results, so they gave a quick, teeth-grinding "Congrats...", before focusing on Faerieland, with a smirk on their faces.

virtupets.gifAnd probably the most surprising match of all, Virtupets vs Terror Mountain. Virtupets lived up to expectations: sweeping TM off their icy feet, and remaining completely undefeated in SSD, with 14 straight wins! We'll see if Lost Desert can break the streak today.

Well, that's all! Good luck to all teams in the field today, and play hard, since this is the last day of the first round!

Ok this is the first AC where i am actually trying to play every day so bare with me while i ask a stupid question. There is the first round where you play each team. The second round is where you play the teams for the second time. Then there is the semi finals and the finals where they break them up into groups and the first place team in that group plays the 4th and the 2nd place plays the 3rd then the winners play each other while the losers play each other to find out the winners. Is all that correct?

Great game, DC. We've been drawing a lot lately, and it's gonna hurt in the end, so we need those wins guys! Virtupets, I'm looking forward to a true Shootout Showdown!

The top four are starting to become a bit more distinct than they were even a few days ago. And I'm having loads of fun.