Quality vs Quantity

Quality vs Quantity  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you usualy play/send scroes for the Altador games?

• Quality, I send high scores but only a few games
    • Quantity, I send a lot of games but they are low scores
    • A combination of both, I send high scores and a lot of games
    • I send a few games with low-ish scores

[sorry for the first one, I didn't know how to work the poll. Thanks for deleting it.]

So how do you usually send scores for the Altador Cup? I usually send quality-wise, I try to get high scores but I don't send many games.

Also, what do you think affects the matches most? Do you think lots of high scores or lots of games wins the matches?

I think its all about quality. I try my hardest in every game i play and i send good scores. I think those people that send in a bunch of low scores will also see it in their prize points at the end.

I completely spam 1 score SSB. There's no point in wasting time with getting 5 goals, you don't get any np difference, and plays still count toward your rank and towards your team total without hurting anything. I play for quality in YYB because they actually record your goals and whatnot. I don't even bother with the other two, they're too time consuming to be worthwhile.

I completely spam 1 score SSB. There's no point in wasting time with getting 5 goals, you don't get any np difference, and plays still count toward your rank and towards your team total without hurting anything.

It takes a total of like 7 seconds to get all 5 goals. I really don't see how saving 4 seconds is really going to change the game that much. Also it wouldnt help anything to send in that low of a score unless you are purely trying to get the shield up by playing that way. I personally wouldn't be happy with getting something that takes that long by trying to work around the system like that. Also i was more saying things like that won't help your prize totals in the end. I really don't think that spaming games like that could help that in the slightest.

It does effect the np in the first three games of the day though. It is really easy to get the 1,000 np.

Also how do you know that it doesn't hurt the team total? No one really knows how it is tallied because TNT is very hush hush about that.

Also how do you know that it doesn't hurt the team total? No one really knows how it is tallied because TNT is very hush hush about that.

I agree, it could be hurting the team - which is why I don't do it.

I don't know how AC is scored though. Someone suggested it's a average of scores. Maybe partly, but definitely not completely. When you have a large sample like the number of players on each team, the averages would all be extremely close. Knowing how it's scored would be nice...

Anyway, quality AND quantity are a good method! I need more quantity

Well... I do more quality than some people, that's sure.

The only game I don't play fully is MSN (I quit it before the timer is over most of the time) because it's just as annoying to play :P

Guest Krawk Islander

Quality for some time: 60 games in the morning, and those I play really hard to get a good average.

Then the other 40 in the afternoon I tone down to 1-0's, 2-0's, and do the former "goalkeeper" trick: you position the Yooyu against the other player, so it's always running towards it, but never manages to steal the ball, thus you stay rooted to the spot, but running. And I go do other stuff while playing, like reading a book, playing console games, browsing the web, etc...when the referee whistles I sent the score and repeat.

At night, I play another 50 games or so like in the morning, and then another batch of laid-back 50's, to total 200.

So mostly: Quantity > Quality. It kills my GPG (it's like 7.xx) but I don't really care. xD

With yooyuball I set a goal of how many games I want to play that day (which I suppose is piteably low compared to some but I just don't want to sit for hours in front of my computer....at least not during the summer) and I play the best I can in all of them. So I usually end up playing 10-20 YYB games/ day and I score somewhere between 6-10 points/game. So I guess quality because I don't have time for lots of quantity.

SSD I play 5-20 games depending on how bored I get and I try my best each time.

I despise SS and MSN so I only play those 3 times a day but I do my best for the np I earn from it.

*embarrassed*

I voted for the last option.

If you saw my DD scores, you would have seen how much I suck at games. (Abi - 28 days, AAA - 2 days :P)

I would prefer Quality though, that is one of my mottos in life. ^^

As I don't know who TNT composes the final results I try to send the highest scores possible for me. The amount depends on the time I have for playing neopets. Sometimes I manage to play about 40 YYB in a day with results like 8-0. I constantly send those scores.

It would be slightly unfair if it's only the quantity that counts as there's no limit for the number of people who can join a certain time (if I'm wrong about that, please correct me :* )

I pretty much only play Yooyuball, nothing else.

In YYB I go for quality, though my quantity is decent I guess. I don't send a score that will decrease my average (overall mode currently just over 11-nil, so I only send 12-nil and above). I get really frustrated if I don't make that average. :P

Due to my work, im pretty much left out of the yoouyuball action due to some time constraints, i chose quality, although ive only played about 70 plus games of YYB, my average goal strength per game is about 11.

Then the other 40 in the afternoon I tone down to 1-0's, 2-0's ...when the referee whistles I sent the score and repeat.

Well technically it takes less time to score about 9 goals than it does to score 1 and wait. The reason for this is that you waste 8 seconds every time you score. So, for that reason, I score as much as I can. That may differ from your opinion, but that is mine.