Match 1: The results are in!

antiaircraft

daily_results_cropped.pngIt's been an intense first day of scoring, screaming and slinging (with a riot or two in the mix), but finally the first matches of the Altador Cup have reached their conclusion! As usual, our on-site reporter, BlackJaguar, is here with a live reaction report, from the fans, teams, and pretty much everybody willing to shout an opinion. Over to you, BJ.

"Thanks AA,

Many participants are in awe after the release of today’s result. The powerhouses last year were caught off-guard on their battles. The Mystery Island Natives surprise the Lost Desert Mummies with a 3 win 1 draw result while the Roos got a bit of a fight after getting only 2 wins against the Terror Mountain Chillers. On the hand, the Shenkuu Ninjas and the Tyrannian Fossils destroyed their opponents completely with a clean sweep. The underdog Kiko Lakers almost drowns the Mermaids with 3 wins.

For today’s matches, the Ninjas hope to continue their winning streak by battling against the Krawk Island Pirates. The Mummies however, are in a bit of a shock which the Chillers are hoping to take advantage while the Roos want to avenge today’s result by destroying Altador.

In the first aid tent of the colosseum, there is a lot less casualty than last year’s kick off day. Medics assume that this is because some schools are still up and participants are more prepared for this cup. In any case, they said that they are ready to treat any sprained wrist, swollen eyes or broken keyboards that may come.

Reporting live (barely) inside the colesseum, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets' AC4 coverage, signing-out."

Thanks BJ! Well, those first few matches were certainly impressive, but the season's only just getting started. With more than thirty matches left to play, AC IV will definitely be a test of the consistency and stamina of all the teams involved (not to mention the fans). So, get those slushies slinging and those yooyus flying - the next day's matches are already rolling!

daily_results_cropped.pngThe Mummies however, are in a bit of a shock which the Chillers are hoping to take advantage while the Roos want to avenge today’s result by destroying Altador.

Haha, I laughed hard at that xD I love BlackJaguar's articles, keep them coming!

*tear i cant believe KI drew on SS. Terrible. Its ok a clean sweep of shenku will make me feel better... that may be pushing it but its ok anything is possible.

Yeah, I can't believe it too! I played so hard for it yesterday...

It sure was intense BJ! I guess everyone out there was feeling the pressure and strategising again for today's new matches...

I'm starting to like SS. :D

Don't worry guys! There's a whole month's matches ahead of us!

It sure was intense BJ! I guess everyone out there was feeling the pressure and strategising again for today's new matches...

I'm starting to like SS. :D

Don't worry guys! There's a whole month's matches ahead of us

I'm going to play as much SS as I can today. KI needs it. Shenkuu is a tough opponent...

Yeah, I can't believe it too! I played so hard for it yesterday...

You played so many games of it too. I just hate that game. As you can see the two i like playing are the ones that i have more then 3 of. haha. I guess i will try harder on SS today though.

I guess the lake managed to beat the ocean... Maraqua got rolled over by the Kikos pretty hard. xD

The first match of the year always brings some surprise results I suppose. Good luck everybody! :D

((Shenkuu are ninjas?))

Shenkuu won, eh? That doesn't matter.

Better get ready for today - we're against the Krawks!

You played so many games of it too. I just hate that game. As you can see the two i like playing are the ones that i have more then 3 of. haha. I guess i will try harder on SS today though.

I am really bored this summer. No activites, friends suddenly don't wanna go out. So.. you get the point. I am lousy at YYB though D:

I am really bored this summer. No activites, friends suddenly don't wanna go out. So.. you get the point. I am lousy at YYB though D:

I know the feeling. Hence my scores sent for the first day. The people that i normally spend time with have just started summer school. I don't leave on vacation until next month so I pretty much have a month to sit around and do nothing.

I know the feeling. Hence my scores sent for the first day. The people that i normally spend time with have just started summer school. I don't leave on vacation until next month so I pretty much have a month to sit around and do nothing.

Man, you are exactly the same as me! My first altador cup too! Just gotten level 3 btw :P

Whaaat? Well, that was quite unexpected (to me, though). I should also rise my daily goals for each game too!

(if my counter doesn't show up, i support LD) <_<

I know I'm still in aww. I played 100 yyb games yesterday. Pretty dissapointed. *Goes and plays more YYB*

That's right, a loss is only motivation to play more! :P

I found the Darigan/Kreludor matchup incredibly surprising. :O I mean... Really? DC?

Well, Kreludor has actually always been pretty strong, and DC has dropped really far from when they were champions - it was kinda to be expected...

I'm happy for the Tyrannian victory (yes!!!!), but this is just the begining and most people are still warming up. Let's see what happens tomorrow...

Edit: I can't upload my new socire on the altador Cup counters...

Edit: I can't upload my new socire on the altador Cup counters...

Well, if you could be a bit more specific, we might be able to help you solve that. :P Did you fill in the fields on the counters page and hit the 'Update Counter Stats' button?

Well, if you could be a bit more specific, we might be able to help you solve that. :P Did you fill in the fields on the counters page and hit the 'Update Counter Stats' button?

Thanks, but it is solved now, don't know what happened. The problem was that i wrote the new scores, press the update counter button, and the scores erased...

Weird...

Well, glad to hear it's working properly. :) If it does mess up again, please don't hesitate to tell us.