Iced Accounts  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been iced?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you feel it was an unfair ice?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you know someone who has been iced?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Yes 2. Yes 3. Yes

My 3rd account ever made was iced for profanity. It was only a mildly bad word I think, because I did not hesitate at all when I sent a neomail with it. It was so unoffending that I don't even know exactly what the word was. I was mad at a reseller probably offering really bad offers on my RSed UBs back in the day.

My first and second accounts are still intact but abandoned...one is from august 2001 and the other is from october 2001. The account I use now is from November 2006.

I haven't been so unlucky yet, I have slipped up on a side account once or twice though, so it seems it could just as easily have happened to me as anyone else. My apologize to those of you who have been zapped. It's just luck of the draw as far as I'm concerned, I mean there are a lot of real scammers and cheaters out there, but we all make mistakes sometimes.

JUst like youber12 i got iced, tbh i did not even thought it was a badish word because usually bad or offensive words get blocked immediatly and you can correct your sentence. My post went right through on our guild forums and nuffin happend till about 3 hours later... at first i did not even realise what was going on and thought Neopets were down lol till i saw the message... i tried in vain to get it back

1. Yes

2. No, but it was because this question doesn't really apply.

3. Yes

I don't know if an icing as ever seemed all that "unfair" to me. But I mean, nothing's perfect, and with all of those people, there's bound to be some mistakes.

1. No

2. Yes and no (why checkboxes? XD)

3. No

I've more or less quit Neopets, so I probably won't get frozen any time soon. Unless it's for suspicious lack of account activity.

1 - Yes - They said I had created more than 1 account to make more NPs, which i didn't.

2 - Yes - I sent in the form, but they have not replied yet.

3 - Lots of them, mostly in my neofriends list.

Yeah, I have unfortunately and I was VERY lucky on that old account of mine.

But I got frozen because I lost it with the troll that was stalking me and I insulted TNT (driving me insane) which probably influenced them to freeze me (or they lost their brains again)...and they decided to not freeze my stalker until late 08 >_>

I know a guy who was frozen on his old account probably because some 7 year old brat was mad he couldn't go (or my stalker troll again, getting revenge) on the board, looked for the nearest mininum aged person to write a false report on then TNT didn't look over it and froze his account.

and another guy, well he was a trouble maker so he did deserve it but he has changed, though some people still living in the past came by to haunt him.

I've never been frozen, fortunately. But I did get a couple warnings for Neomailing people the URLs of their font awards, back when I used to give those out, before I caught on that I could just post them on a petpage. xD;

Several of my friends and people I used to know have been frozen, though, and I hear of people getting frozen all the time. D: It's sad. Why do so many people get frozen unfairly?

I've played over the last 9 years, and my first account got frozen because I used a school computer where other people were cheating. They didn't believe me and wouldn't unfreeze me. I had a white lupe named Isolder, a faerie peophin named Phenicia, a shadow kougra named Sheba_, and a spotted gelert named Adonis_. (very pimpin' back in the day) The account and pets were eventually deleted and taken by other people. (except the account, Fardreamer, which I remade)

I was offered a faerie custom for my UC sponge lupe, and they made Phinecia to paint faerie. Then they backed out without telling me and abandoned her. You can understand why I'd be extremely upset about that... The person who adopted her hasn't logged on for 172 days...

I've since made Isoldar, a handsome Tyrannian lupe, Shiebha, a gorgeous spotted kougra, and I've traded for Himekoh and Veanii, but they're never really the same y'know?

Guest Krawk Islander

1- Yes, I have been iced before, once, in 2006.

2- No, it wasn't unfair, I was actually cheating the referral system and got caught, obviously. :P

3- Yes, unfortunately, I know many people who have been.

1.) Yes, though at my own request (and it took TWO DAYS for them to get to it, might as well not have bothered for all the good it did protecting my account. :grrr:

2.) Technically no, as the account was no longer under my control. It was more like "unfair delay in freezing" followed by "unfair support idiocy resulting in my not even wanting to try for my account back" in my case. :P

3.) Many, some fairly and some not. IMHO it's rare to know the whole story. I think it's true that a large percentage of people who claim to have been unfairly frozen are either lying or just weren't aware that they really did break a rule; I just wish TNT didn't pretty much categorically assume that this is ALWAYS the case (I understand why they kind of have to, but still.) That said, I know of at least a few people who were completely, totally frozen unfairly; and a few others who should probably have been warned or even sussed but didn't deserve freezing (in most of those cases, it was a board-harassment type of issue where someone kept bothering them and they finally snapped, but the harass-ee got frozen and the harasser got off scot-free or with a warning at best, which has always seemed particularly idiotic to me. -_-)

I guess I need to change my vote now. My account was recently frozen after it got scammed by another user (see current thread about cookie grabbers), so it wasn't may fault that it got frozen. Luckily, TNT froze my account before the scammer could do any damage to my account. And I was also lucky because I was able to get my account back VERY quickly, but I had to fight tooth and nail for it.

Yes, I have been iced. I'm rebuilding, but I think my rebuilding is done by now. Wasn't a very active neopets player on that account until recently, I was more of the chat in the guild type person.

I have never been iced before. I don't know if that means I'm lucky but I always been careful with what I do like what I post on neoboards and so on..

the other day TNT refused to accept a post i made telling me i had some bad words in there... i read it over and over and some more and could not find any so i just entered it bit by bit and it was all accepted.... so weird

the other day TNT refused to accept a post i made telling me i had some bad words in there... i read it over and over and some more and could not find any so i just entered it bit by bit and it was all accepted.... so weird

You didn't do anything wrong, that's just the filters being buggy. ;) They've always been a bit odd about what sets them off, but for a while now they've been worse than useless -- they block harmless things but let people post malicious links. o_O Ah well.