Staff Applications

Strategos

I was looking on another forum today, and I was thinking. This forum, as well as Wikipedia, when hiring staff (admins on WP), gives example scenarios to applicants, such as asking moderators how they would handle situations. I was thinking that this was a good policy, and I wanted to suggest it to TDN staff as well.

Some example questions might be:

News Staff

You see a site copying word for word news without credit that you posted on the TDN main site. What would you do?

A member with a long good behavior history has recently been acting inflammatory to other users. How would you handle this situation?

Suggested answer: PM the user to find out what has happened recently, then take action if necessary.

And so on, and so forth.

I'm not exactly sure how this would be helpful... when people apply, they have to describe their qualification or provide a sample of work. Also, anyone hired is in probation and trained by the head of department. Staff also have a code of conduct to follow.

I understand that. However, this might help screen applicants faster. For example, an applicant for moderator might prove that they know all the rules, but if you can spot a problem with that applicant, such as being extremely too harsh/lenient, then you wouldn't have to put the applicant on trial at all.

Hi there! Thank you for this suggestion. In all honesty, I haven't thought of doing it this way before and we may consider doing this in the future whenever we go on a "hiring spree." ;)

Thanks again! b) Let us know if you have any more suggestions.