World Challenge

Masaryk

I don't understand how the World Challenge works. After reading about the benefits of it on the forums here, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not very good at most of the games that they use for the WC, but I picked a couple that I'm pretty good at, and tried playing a few times. Each time, I would get the second or third highest score (either per game or total), but I'd get a negative tally. So, I'd end up losing, but someone with a lower score than me would place and win a prize.

How does this work? Do I just have really bad luck with getting matched with opponents?

You absolutely need to have a tally of 0 or greater to win any prize.

You can read the guide I've written here : http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/world-challenges/

And yea, it's about luck sometimes. You never know who you will be matched again. Sometimes it's better to wait a little bit before submitting scores, or wait for your first one to be processed. If you win, then you can send another one, and even if you lose against your second opponent, your tally would be 0, so you would still have chances to win for score total or highest score.

If you have more questions, just ask :)

Thanks, Xepha!

I read your guide, and I know that I keep losing because of my tally. I just wasn't sure why I keep losing every match I enter. I guess I just have the bad luck of always being matched with an opponent that scores better than me. I suppose there is no way of knowing who you will be matched against, is there?

Nope, it's totally random...

and that's why you should stalk the WC before entering... when you are a regular player, you recognise names of your opponent and you know what's the competition is like.

Ok i have been playing this for a few weeks now and i know you can only get three pieces from the same game every day. But i was wondering if you can get map pieces from different maps also or is it the first 3 pieces is all you can get in one day?

Arg!! Random stuff hates me most of the time. I'll just have to start paying attention to games I like playing and wait for those I know will beat me to post their scores first.

On the bright side, I finally got a positive tally playing Maths Nightmare (fingers crossed on winning). Too bad it isn't one of the regular games, since it's one of my best.

I think Maths Nightmare is there fairly often... maybe not every day this month, but when the ratio is high, it's there more :P

And it's a total of 3 maps a day. World doesn't matter.

Personally, I play Meerca Chase 2 and Stowaway Sting the most. I also like Extreme Herder and Petpet Rescue but they are rarely featured now.

Okay, so I won a map piece playing Maths Nightmare. Yay!!!

Does that mean that I can't win another map piece with that game today, or can I keep playing it until I've won all three maps for the day?

You can play until you win 3 map pieces for today (from that game or another). And even after winning 3 maps, you can still play but you won't be awarded NPs or map... so it's more for the glory of stats.