Finally, Neopian Times!

Lia Seeya

I logged onto Neo this morning just to check (as I do with all my internet haunts) and got this neomail:

Dear Lia,

Congratulations! Your entry (The Cap'n and His Dubloons) has been selected to appear in a future issue of the Neopian Times. A shiny trophy has been added to your user lookup. Thank you for contributing to the Neopian Times!

Yours Sincerely,

The Neopets Team

http://www.neopets.com

Dont forget to tell your friends about us - send them a greeting at http://www.neopets.com/sendgreeting.phtml.

Woot! 8D After a month and one "your comic is being held over and reviewed" message, they FINALLY get back to me! ^_^

Only nine more to go for the avatar. :laughingsmiley: And here's the comic:

CapnAndHisDubloons.jpg

You have no idea how much fun it was to draw Cap'n Threelegs like that. :laughingsmiley:

Congrats on getting into the NT!

It's a very cool and funny comic, poor Captain. Now we all know what he does with the dubloons!

The whole reason why even with all the dubloons people pay him, the training school doesn't look any different. :laughingsmiley: He sure loves his dubloons! :D

And thanks, everyone! ^___^

That's very nice! I'm not sure if I could ever come into the neopian times. Nice one!

You could always try! 8D It's fun to draw~

You could always try! 8D It's fun to draw~

True! I like drawing, and I know I can. I'm just really bad for comics and stuff :P Should look a bit what could be in the NT and might give it a shot :)

OH my, and I had just read this comic as well. Congratulations I thought it was very funny, and I loved your artwork

Keep trying! :O

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone! ^_^

@Laura: Nope, not a tablet. I ink these things by hand. :D

Snappp! :O

I'd never have the patience to do that. Especially since I have a tendency to add stupid, minute details to my pictures.

I either ink by hand or use the pen tool. But the pen tool takes way too long sometimes, but it'll give you nice smooth lines. :D

Details are good for you! ^_^ Just pick up a scanner that scans REALLY well, preferably at hi-res so you don't lose your inked details. It does take some patience though. But it gets easier as you go along. :D

:laughingsmiley: Those Korean gel pens are awesome for inking. :D When you really want a good set, try the Sakura Microns. I have a different brand but I can't remember the name right now. :laughingsmiley: I'll check them out later.