Fiesta fiesta! 8D

Lia Seeya

As I was trying to study last week, I heard the sound of drums and gongs coming from outside. I looked outside and realized that was the Santacruzan, a parade held here to celebrate the harvest.

So I was watching people dancing in warrior-like outfits (feathers! 8D), elaborately decorated arches and girls dressed up parade past my house, all the while the drums and gongs were playing.

Then I remembered, when I was a kid, the fiestas/block parties I used to attend. All the FOOOD, the costumes, the people and the music! So much fun! 8D

So, TDN members: Are there any fiestas/big parties/parades that you love to celebrate with other people?

PS: 400th post, woo! :D

Gosh we never had those kinds of things when I was growing up, or even now...

Am jealous a bit :) Sounds like when my sister went to Brazil and they had street parties and parades every day!

Pierogi Fest.

A whole bunch of Slovaks (and some Polish) getting together and getting drunk. XD

Haha, I'm kidding. We all just eat pierogis and sausage and corn and other traditional foods. Mmm... sooo good.