Making Neopoints without cheating! HELP!

nikkigrrl

I've been playing neopets for several months now and since I lost my first account (because a friend tried to donate neopoints to me) I have been doing everything I can to make neopoints and it is very frustrating. I am not the best game player so I do play a bunch of the easy games, plus do the dailies and click on the advervideos and everything else I can to make neopoints but I am only averaging about 7K NP per day. I don't play every day, so it's only about 35K NP per week or so which means it will take the REST OF MY NATURAL LIFE to build any kind of fortune in this game.

There must be a way to make NP since I see so many people who obviously have millions and millions of them. Is there a good guide to making neopoints? or is it hopeless? I can't even buy a paintbrush and it looks like I may never be able to. Just keeping my pets fed takes so much money and I buy as cheap as I can. My level of frustration is high and I really want to be able to enjoy this game.

I do collect the trading cards so I have made some neopoints using game codes but even that is a crap shoot since they give you three chances and there is always at least one booby prize.

Maybe it is me but there seems to be a built in meanness to a lot of this that I don't remember from when it first came out. It has been a very long time since I played regularly. Did they sell out to MTV or something?

Any help or pointing int he right direction is appreciated.

Thanks!

Check out TDN Dailies guide, which is here. I use it. :)

Maybe it is me but there seems to be a built in meanness to a lot of this that I don't remember from when it first came out. It has been a very long time since I played regularly. Did they sell out to MTV or something?

You are correct! In 2005 Viacom(the company who owns MTV and Nickelodeon) bought Neopets, Inc. out for a cool million or so. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They don't advertise Neopets and Petpet Park with the MTV brand, the do it with the Nickelodeon Kids & Family brand, hence the Nick logo in the Petpet Park logo.

well, personally i play games according to the point ratio.. for instance maths nightmare right now, can get you 3k in 3 seconds lol. other games are kass basher, faerie cloud racer and mutant graveyard of doom are also very good.

to be honest, having millions and millions of neopoints is still something a lot of users aspire to, even when theyve been on the site for 6 years or more.. so if i were you i would settle for a more reachable goal - trust me you'll feel better about yourself ;)

also you mentioned this: "Just keeping my pets fed takes so much money and I buy as cheap as I can", to which i reply: a) feed your pets ONLY with free stuff you get ie jelly, omelettes, tombola stuff and fish from the daily fishing. b) if you skip feeding for some time, nothing really bad will happen, so if you dont have free food for one day, relax and just wait for it to come to you.

i hope that helped a bit and good luck :D

As some of the others have said, KQ is a good way to earn some extra change. I even go around the board with Coco just to get the NP earnings up to a few thousand. XD

About feeding your pets, putting them in the Neolodge in the cheapest hotel with no extras is a quick way to keep them fed. If not, Fusilla's suggestion about using free items only is good too. :D

Also, there's nothing wrong with being a packrat. After throwing things in your SDB, you'd be surprised how quick it is to accumulate a lot of items (not necessarily super expensive) that you can sell! :) Hope that helps!

You do your dailies, right? So you get Free Jelly and Free Omelette? Then I don't see why you need to buy any more food. XD You could also use any spare time to practice on the games, find which ones you're good at and don't mind doing everyday. You can also invest in the Stock Market if you're the type of person who's patient enough for it...

Go into restocking. If you dont know what it is, here is an in depth guide i used when i first started: http://www.neofaerie.net/guides/restock/intro/

Now the rest depends on you, are you willing to invest much time and practice in this? Restockign can be profitable only to the dedicated,and it takes patience to learn, i wont lie to you, the learning curve is steep.

Pick a shop you like, and go into small scale restocks first, dont try to be to rush alongside others because you will lose out. Study the shop items on neopets and online for small scale profitable items and practice on those first. From there, you will slowly, unconsciously, start to notice your rhythm, your speed, and timing. I wont say when improvement starts, because its different for everyone. Rest assured if you stick with it for half a year or more, you'll see results and profits rolling in. Profits can reach millions.

Everything you've all said has really helped - I cannot believe the difference I noticed in one day! I made a shop and started doing the RS thing and my first time out I made 12K overnight. I did the same thing today and made more NP. First of all it was totally fun (I love ebay so I am good at this kind of thing) and really neat to see the huge variety of things neopets has to offer. Even though they went corporate, I still think it is a great game. I really enjoy what they've created.

I agree that becoming a neomillionaire is not that big a deal - I would happy to just have enough to buy a paintbrush and some cool stuff for battles now and then. I am only getting the free food now - that was a huge help! And I am getting better playing the games that are a bit more low-end and high-profit. They are fun too - I could play Kass Basher and Destructo whatever-they-call it all day. I'd love to hear recommendations from anyone on here what are simple games that pay out well.

I only recently discovered that reading books raises your pets intellect - how do you raise other stats?

Thanks again - you guys are the best!

Yay, I'm glad all the tips helped! :D

About raising stats:

- Training through Mystery Island Training School or the Swashbuckling Academy on Krawk Island

- Faerie Quests (All Faeries will raise the stats of a random pet except for the Earth faerie, who feeds them, so most users normally refuse her quest XD)

- Food. Some specific Neggs have been known to raise stats.

I'm sure the others can tell you much more. :D

I just pointed out three other threads to this other user (with this one we will have 5 RECENT threads about this) and I think that we should make an official topic or something. It seems to be something of interest with lots of people.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie~) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not backseat mod.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You can also try the coltzan's shrine in the lost desert. It increases your pet's states once in a while :)

Everything you've all said has really helped - I cannot believe the difference I noticed in one day! I made a shop and started doing the RS thing and my first time out I made 12K overnight. I did the same thing today and made more NP. First of all it was totally fun (I love ebay so I am good at this kind of thing) and really neat to see the huge variety of things neopets has to offer. Even though they went corporate, I still think it is a great game. I really enjoy what they've created.

I agree that becoming a neomillionaire is not that big a deal - I would happy to just have enough to buy a paintbrush and some cool stuff for battles now and then. I am only getting the free food now - that was a huge help! And I am getting better playing the games that are a bit more low-end and high-profit. They are fun too - I could play Kass Basher and Destructo whatever-they-call it all day. I'd love to hear recommendations from anyone on here what are simple games that pay out well.

I only recently discovered that reading books raises your pets intellect - how do you raise other stats?

Thanks again - you guys are the best!

This is really the optimal time to train stats. Keyquest gives you codestones you can spend on Mystery Isalnd's trainign school to increase your pets stas. Also, incidentally, because of KQ.... (grumble grumble) codestone prices have plumetted pretty much from last time. Bane for shopkeepers like me and boon for the general neopia public 8P

To increase intelligence, books are a pretty neat way, there are many cheap books to read, and doing the faerie crossword ( i think its daily?) also gives intel raise. Incidentally again, answers to the faerie crosswords is always on this site, lucky you.

Like I always suggest (though for some reason nobody pays attention), play Plushie Tycoon. It might take a little bit to get used to, but after a short while you should be raking in about a million NPs a month, which is actually pretty nice.

You should also play easy flash games that'll give 1k per play quickly.

And you can invest in the stock market too. It's pretty safe, especially if you buy low.

And then there's restocking and sniping, where you have to be really patient, and accept the fact that sometimes you'll lose money, others you get VHTS items.