What should I do?

Bob_the_Bunny

Um, I have a small question and I'm not quite sure what to do because this has never happened before. I recieved a Neomail from a random stranger and he/she asked me to spend money to buy a Keyquest plushie and give them the code because they don't live in an area that sells them. I said I didn't want to, but the person kept on insisting and then started spamming my inbox with random questions. I'm not sure if I should block them and/or report them. Can someone give me some advice?

You should block him and report him. It is against the rules to harass or spam other players. The rules state that :

"5. Respect The Community.

Remember, people who play on Neopets are of all ages and backgrounds. Therefore, all user content and communications on the Neopets site is filtered and monitored. So that everyone has a good time, you understand and agree that you will not post or send through the site any words, images or links containing or relating to:

...attacks, comments, or opinions about other people or things that slander, defame, threaten, insult or harass another person ...

..."spamming" (repeatedly posting the same message) or "party boards" ..."

http://www.neopets.com/terms.phtml

Don't worry though. Beggars ask for neopoints and stuff like that all of the time.

Some people have nerve. I mean, you don't even know this person and they're asking you to spend money on them. o_0 I mean, it's somewhat okay if it's like your bff in real life, and it's like their birthday or something, but seriously??????

Yeah it would crack me up if someone did that to me.. I'd just keep sending them messages and telling them to buy ME some random stuff. Eventually I'd get bored and block them but hey, LOL while you can!

Ive had several people do this to me. It is annoying but nothing that a quick blocking and reporting of the offender doesnt solve. From what I understand there are still a lot of areas that still dont sell neopet merchandise. A couple of the nicer ones that talked to me.... when I was in a good mood I pointed them in the direction of ebay lol. They sell to just about everywhere :)