Tale of Woe: Chapter 1

Anime

Just thought I'd share what I've found from my experimenting.

I tried the food and mirror (and everything else) in one of the lit rooms. He ate the food and left like normal.

I tried it in the other lit room, he ate the food, and saw himself in the mirror. So, it probably matters which room you use.

I removed the chair (placed it one left and one down, the room with the table in my cave), but left the rest of the stuff in the room (replacing the food), and got the eating/dizzy/mirror message again. So, it's probably not dependant on the chair.

I've moved the lamp post to another room (the room to the left of the lit room I'm using, it has the food pile in my caves), and I've refreshed a whole bunch but he doesn't seem to be coming. I may just be on a streak of bad luck or it may mean that the lamp post is required to trigger the eating/dizzy/mirror event.

A quick summary of things worth noting: You lose the pendant you found in the burned building in Neovia when you talk to Sophie (presumably she snatches it like in the story the gypsy tells). Everyone seems to have 9 rooms in their cave, two of them with a lit area. There are 8 items (Key, Lamp post, Mirror, Chair, Food Pile, Food Pile that you place, Chest, and Table). You can't pick up the table or the chest. You can only carry one item at a time.

Edit: And just to mention really quickly in case anyone thinks to try either of these: The burned house doesn't seem to have anything new hidden in it, nor has the pendant been replaced and playing the Sophie's Stew game doesn't do anything special.

Update from my last post, he came and ate the food, got dizzy, and saw the mirror without the Lamp Post in the room. So, no, it's not dependant on that. I'm going to remove the key now and see if it just requires the mirror and food.

Yes. All that's required to get him to eat the food and see his reflection is the food and the mirror in the correct room.

Now, what's the next step to test? Holding one of the items while I refresh? Maybe trying to set up the items in other rooms?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if it matters or not, but it counts in the address bar evertime you pick up a new pile of rotten food. at the end of the address it says enter=1&pickup=5

I think it's just referring to the item you pick up... rotten food is always 5, the key is always 4 and so on....

OHHH!! I finished!! Ok so... in one of your lighted rooms... you'll have to try both if one doesn't work... but you put the mirror at the bottom of the page, then the lamppost above that, then the chair above that, and finally the food above the chair... the monster will *hopefully* come in and eat the food,get dizzy and look in the mirror, trip over the lamppost, and knock himself out on the chair... and then it ends...

Ok i forgot to tell you that it'll let you know all the items aren't in the right spot... so like if the lamppst isn't right he'll just look in the mirror, and if the chair isn't right he'll just trip and then run off.

Guest Астр&#10

It is extreamely difficult, fortunately I have the coordinates for you:

Mirror: 238, 308

Lamppost: 236, 225

Chair: 236, 165

You can place the food anywhere.

well if he's dumb enough to eat rotten food (over and over again)...

It is extreamely difficult, fortunately I have the coordinates for you:

Mirror: 238, 308

Lamppost: 236, 225

Chair: 236, 165

You can place the food anywhere.

Yay!!! It finally worked!! Thanks for the coordinates. :) By the way, I don't remember if anyone's pointed this out yet, so I'll add my two cents and say that the objects apparently must be in one of the two lighted rooms or it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it matters which of the two you use -- I had better luck with the one that only has one entrance.

Guest D Generation X

It seems by your posts that Part 2 has been released! I'm going to find a guide that has part 2, as I was surprised TDN hasn't yet.

Edit: Ok, I'll wait for TDN's coverage on Part 2. :D

Guest D Generation X
where do you enter these coordinates?

okie figure out how to enter the coordinates then what, just keep refreshing?

I GOT IT!!!!!!

YAYA

I prefer to wait for a reliable TDN guide than a guide on Neopets that I don't know about, sorry. It's cooler to me. :P Ironic...