Running a Forum

Daily Dare

Actually, you won't need to do a lot of coding. IPBoard should install itself, all you would need to do is upload the files via FTP. There shouldn't be much else needed, unless you want to play around with things. I can recommend several different domain hosts, but first, what price range are you looking for for hosting?

Right now I use my friend's reseller hosting for free because she loves me and as long as she runs it I never pay for hosting again!

Before I got that sweet hookup I used http://host.the-protagonist.net/ . I used them for a few years, loved 'em. One site I know that you should NOT use is Site5. They are horrible.

If you're going for a plan similar in price to what Mimi had, you might want to try out Dreamhost. They offer a lot more bandwidth and data, and it's pretty reliable (I should know, since I use it). If you do sign up for Dreamhost, I have a code BIRID91 which is $50 off (one-time).

Cool idea!

I, too, would recommend Dreamhost. They have great support, masses of Bandwidth and data, plus you can get a couple of bucks off if you sign up with a promo code.

As with most web hosts, you can buy domains with their packages. So, yeah. Check out their plans, and tell us if you like 'em or not.

you should try forumotion. com its a great site and its free. if your asking exactly what it is its...

"Forumotion is a professional, easy to use, free forum hosting service. We offer you the best forum softwares: PhpBB 2 and 3, Invision (IPB) and PunBB! Our free message boards will provide you with the best quality and stability you can get in free forum hosting. Create a forum today and start your community!"

yeah. copied and pasted it from their site. anyway, just wanted to tell you about it. they have tons of free skins you can choose from and stuff.

That's not stupid at all lol. It's so people cannot copy their scripts and claim it as their own or sell it to someone else.

Good choice on vBulletin! Love their social groups, profile pages, userblogs, arcade and photo galleries!

Again, it's not. It may be "out there" (which I don't think it is because I've yet to see a free version or even a free knock off of vBulletin) but it's still copywritten to vBulletin.

Anyway, you think it's stupid. I don't. Let's meet at the top of the circle and move on :) lol

How many more pennies do you need to save, DD? :P