ranks

dragonicexp

as you can see,im very new to this and i have no idea what the rank things are.its says im a newbie and then has a black block below it...wat do u do to advance and what does it do?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets Help' to 'Site Feedback, Bugs, and Help'.

You advance by being social and posting on the various boards ^_~! You want to make sure your posts follow these guide lines, though:

* Does my post contribute to the conversation at hand?

* Is my post at least 7 words?

* Is what I'm saying relating to the topic?

* Am I using proper English and not chat speak?

* Am I posting for the post count or because my post adds to the conversation?

And to find out what you get at different lefels, I suggest you read this post

It's pretty easy actually. Just be active on the forums and don't spam, and you should be a super member in no time! ;)

lol tsaria_outsider, yeah i can get really excited by a topic sometimes but its so rare and ofc one can only post so much about it. atm my thoughts are being controled by the leaver of doom *sigh* I'd rather not think about how much i spend there every day and so many times a day lol

*gives a glance at Kai* that spammer is 4 posts off from being a super member :P he defnitly talks too much :P We should abduct him so he can post on our behalves *giggles*

lol tsaria_outsider, yeah i can get really excited by a topic sometimes but its so rare and ofc one can only post so much about it. atm my thoughts are being controled by the leaver of doom *sigh* I'd rather not think about how much i spend there every day and so many times a day lol

*gives a glance at Kai* that spammer is 4 posts off from being a super member :P he defnitly talks too much :P We should abduct him so he can post on our behalves *giggles*

Well I think I'm kind of very active in this forum and I always have something to say just like miss-mimi :)

hmmm an abtuction... sounds ok for me lol :P

Ahem! Everybody should remain on-topic. :P

Dragon, you can find information about becoming a Super Member and a Fantastic Member here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showtopic=21

There are also littler ranks along the way, like at 10 posts it changes to "Rookie" and 30 - "Not-so-new Member". There are even more beyond that, it's a surprise around every corner! Don't worry, you won't be a newbie for too long.

I used to post and post until I got 400, I was jumping of glee when I reached that number. My goal is to reach 1000 now, hope I get it soon :D.

Ahem! Everybody should remain on-topic. :P

Dragon, you can find information about becoming a Super Member and a Fantastic Member here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showtopic=21

There are also littler ranks along the way, like at 10 posts it changes to "Rookie" and 30 - "Not-so-new Member". There are even more beyond that, it's a surprise around every corner! Don't worry, you won't be a newbie for too long.

He he, you know I posted that exact link in my very first reply, right? Oh well, we'll make sure every one sees it ^.^

Haha, on that note...

*trumpet fanfare* And now, you will meet the fastest post on the forums. She has lightning typing skills, a keen eye for new topics, and a deadly accurate post rate. She now holds the record for fastest advancement to Fantastic Member: over 2000 posts in roughly two months. The one, the only, the master of uber-cool-and-lovable-Livvy-style posting... Me!

(I had WAY too much fun with that.)

But anywho, to remain on topic, it's not that difficult to advance. Once you get to know some of the people around here, it gets easier and more fun to post, and you end up moving up faster than you would expect. Have fun discovering all the ranks! :D

Yup!

Just post everywhere possible here, without spamming, and you'll be a Super Member in no time!

But remember to keep posting to become a FM!! You might be like livvy (okay, so you probably won't be like her) and post in every single topic you see xD Like I am doing at the moment!

Actually, Livvy's posting skills are not the spamming type, like she says, its Livvy-style-posting b)

I wouldn't really recommend posting for the sake of posting, otherwise you could end up with a verbal warning in no time (Or maybe not, if you follow the rules XP) Just think 'Do I really need to post this?'

Other than that, ranks don't really do anything, well, I guess the change of custom member titles, display name and FM board are pretty special :P