And another new member join the madness

Antjie

Hi everyone

I am known as Antjie everywhere and live in South Africa. Yes, we do have internet over here and NO, i dont have live lions or monkey's in my yard :P - Believe me, i get asked that often :P

I read the rules and so many posts my head are spinning, been on Neopets for like 8 odd years and yes, i losat a few accounts over the years due stupidity and lack of memory *sigh*

I am not a great forum poster, i prefer lurking around in the dark watching everyone so i hope it wont count too much against me when i need something, at least i hope money ermm neopoints count even when posts are a bit on the low side.

Now for my first stupid question since i am at it... does anyone know for how long i should be pulling that freakin Leaver of Doom to get that avatar, been at it for 3 days for hours on end and still nothing, i msut be doing something wrong???... tried clicking on the leaver, click backand click on it again, tried jsut refreshing the page, atm i am going back t the station each time and clicking on it every time, any suggestions or am i jsut unlucky?

Hi Antjie, nice to meet you, I'm Kai *stops himself asking for lion* nice to have new members, I hope you enjoy and stick to the rules ;)

and for the lever of DOOM question, I think I can't help that freaking lever won't give me the avie.

Hello Antije! My name is Bubble! I hope you have a good time here. I tend to lurk too, but I like posting here. ^^

The Lever of Doom avatar is completely random. Some people have gotten in one try and only wasted 100np, while other have spent over 300,000np and still have not obtained the avatar.

I don't try often, maybe once or twice a day. The random avvies dislike me.

Hi Kai

I feel welcome already, i might have forgotten some of the special rules, but will refer back to them when needed, the general ones is like all the other boards i've been using. I must really say since i stumbled onto thedialyneopets site some time ago, its the best layed out forum i have seen, one jsut cant go wrong

Hey Bubble

You actually said something that made me think i am doing stuff wrong... do you actually get the avi when it steals your neoppoints? coz my money is always in the bank

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Oh yeah, you HAVE to feed it Neopoints or it won't work. I did the exact same thing as you! Hehe

Anyway, welcome to TDN! Good luck with that avatar.. I got it after like 10 minutes of trying yet some of the other easy to get avatars I have never gotten still. *sigh*

Hi and welcome :)

Re the lions and monkeys, I get asked a lot about the kangaroo's and koala's ;)

Oh and the lever of doom, is doomful.

I've been trying for years now and all it ever does is steal my hard earned NP's! But like a sucker I'm back at it day after day. Stoopid random avvie.

thanks miss mimi, i am jsut sad i wasted my time this long with the wrong method and now my cash is going down the drain ermm or is it up into space so quick i', running out lol

you know femme diva, the questions about the wild animals can still go, but to get asked if you have internet or even worse... electricity just tickles me... i usually answer something like we dont have modern electricity, i am winding up enough spark on a bicycle to type on my phone... it confuses them nicly

Welcome Antjie to TDNForums :)

My name's Stephanie.

Hmm........better post than lurk for the Avatar Lending programme. ;)

Don't worry, that LOD avvie has most of us pulling our hair out (I know I've given up for now :P)

I won't ask any questions, just I hope that you'll stay active here, we love new members joining our insanely friendly community (:

If you have any more questions feel free to PM one of the members of post a topic. ;D

The snack table's to your left, we've got 2 residents living under there so watch your toes!

I'll cya around!

PS Don't eat the cookies! :evil:

thank you Stephanie. I already made some nice friends here and saw some very insane people here as well... decided to join their madness and post a bit... gosh some of them can spam lol

Will keep my feet in the air, stare at the cookies and enjoy the other snaks :D

We warned you, *hands out a CCC*. It has some side effects though, burning your hair, eating slime, talking to yourself, becoming mad about icing, living under a sanck table etcetc. Hope ya enjoy your time here at TDNForums. :)

... tries to work out what a "CCC" is jsut after having a NAP and not being fully awake..

I am sure i should be thankfull for the handout so uttering a shaky "Thanks" then realises it says "Member of the DOOM Coopration..." under your nick and starts chanting... "gimme avi... gimme avi... gimme avi..."

There is a DOOM cooporation, you just have to figure it out.

pssst: CCC= Chocolate Chip Cookie.

PS: From where did you get your siggy crazy monkey? It is really nice.

Hey Antjie!

Welcome to tdn forums ;D

One of my friend went in Africa for an internship last year and he used to write us emails saying like "Oh it's so fun here. Every day I go play with lions and when time lunch comes little monkeys are trying to steal my sandwich..." And then, 3 paragraphs later he would tell us how it really was. :P

Lever of doom... it's totally random so it could take a few tries or a thousand tries. If you are really determined to get it, keep pulling the lever until you get it. :P

hi Xepha and thank you

Your friend might have joked with you but it could be true. I was on vacation at a very exclusive resort where my brother-in-law worked. They had a sick little lion of about 6 months (brain tumor) and i had the priviledge to play with her, it was still somewhat dangerous, but not like life-threatning to play with her. she did nick me with her teeth once and i had to get medical attention, but i forgave her, next day i was back playing with her lol

During the same vacation but at another resort we stayed in tents near a river and oh boy, was the monkeys there busy... we had to lock away everything as they know of methods beyond my immagination to get into the tents and causes havoc. To eat outside was like a compitition to see who can eat the most of your plate of food and the golden rule was never to leave your plate unatended or its gone. It was fun but i'd rather not share wiht a monkey as they dont have the word NO in their vocabulary, if they want your food, its best to give up, i dont want to get bitten twise in one vacation lol

Here in Cape Town at the Waterfront there's a nice little pub and restuarant called Q4 or Q-four... gosh i need to look that up, but anyway, never order chips as you prolly wont get half of it, the seagulls are much faster to steal it out of your plate and they got sharp beaks. The waiters try and try again to chase them away, but you know how people are... they feed them when they think no one is looking so now the birds is a bit of a problem for some custumers... i classify myself as one of the bad ones... i like to feed them lol