The Sims (1, 2 & 3)

Mimii

I was just wondering who all here loves The Sims? I remember when I first got The Sims 1... I used Michelle and Chris Roomie (females) and found out shortly that you could in fact make lesbian couples. LOL I was freaking out, I was at my dad's house and I was like "DADDY! I HAVE LESBIANS!!" I think he face-palmed at me. :P

I didn't get TS2 until Nightlife was also out but when I did I ended up playing for an hour and killing my sim. So I called my dad (I was much older by then, in my own apartment. Also my dad was the one that always bought these games for me) at midnight to tell him I killed my sim already and he yelled at me for calling him so late... HAHA

I am super mad that TS3 got pushed back until JUNE, it was supposed to be released in February and I was going to wait until my birthday (April 28) to get it but nowwww, NOOO. Hrmph.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I love me some sims!

lol, I did the same thing with the first Sims. I was like, 'I can make gay couples... cool'. I want to buy the expansion packs for Sims 2, but I haven't yet. Mostly because I'm lending out my Sims 2 to a friend of mine. Have to ask for that back soon >_>

I'm disappointed that Sims 3 got pushed back too, but now it's closer to my birthday so it'll be easier to get someone to agree it'd be a nice birthday present. Anyway, your birthday is the day after my sister's :P

Love the Sims! I pre-ordered it MONTHS ago (when it was supposed to come out in Feb) and I get this cheat booklet thing, so I'll post all the cool things if no one else got it ;)

Although I'm sure it will be leaked June 2nd at 12:00 pm haha

I also love the sims i have the sims 2 on my computer with the pets expansion. I got this 5 dollar thing from best buy about sims3 saying ill get this special 2 cars but then i dont know if that allows me to get the collectors edition or not cuz i just bought it but thats kinda what it sounded like when i actually read the thing lol it was the last one at my bestbuy i was pretty stoked.

I'm new here, but the sims posting caught my eye. I have every game and expansion (bit of a freak I guess) and I was an avid Sims Online player til it was shut down. I can't wait for Sims 3. The idea that my sims will age and life will go on while I'm not playing sounds like the best thing ever.=!

Oh my, I didn't know they could age without being played! D: That's scary! LOL I love the idea that you can just walk around your neighborhood without having to load every single screen.

I used to love it but then I find it bored after a while because I can't make my character get marriage and I can't do all the things that you all can...

Also the so many versions of sims are making me confuse as well..

I know, it is gonna be very scary that they keep going when you're not playing. I will get addicted and play like everyday for 2 weeks then quit for like months. So I am going to be interested to see what happens during my sabbaticals. I also read somewhere that the sims grieving process will be much more advanced, like they won't get over it in a sim day. I can already tell it's totally going to crash my computer...

Well, I used to play the Sims. I've got the Sims 2 Castaway and the Sims 2 pets on PS2, but after I 'finished' them, I found no reason to start again (maybe I should....)

Really, using cheats on the Sims 2 Castaway really shortened and ruined the whole entire game D:

I missed out on the whole adventure...

I used to own the Sims on PC, but I didn't know where it went....

But, I love the Sims, well used to at least.

My friends and I even made a Sims fan club at school the year before at my primary school XP But it died when I moved to intermediate school.

I can already tell it's totally going to crash my computer...

It's going to be huge. It's going to take 8 gigs just to install it lol Hopefully the size of downloads won't increase too. Customization is one of my favorite parts. What I wish EA did was take some of the most popular creators and had them create stuff for the new game either via download or directly into the game.

Yeah, it's a bit much. I hope it doesn't have too much lag on my laptop.

Minimum Specifications:

Processor: Vista - 2.4 GHz P4 or equivalent/XP - 2.0 GHz P4 or equivalent

RAM: Vista - 1.5 GB/XP - 1GB

Disc Drive: 8x DVD ROM or faster

Hard Drive: Vista & XP - 8 GB or more

Video Card: 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0. Supported video cards include: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900, FX 5950, 6200, 6500, 6600, 6800, 7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, GTX 260, GTX 280 (GeForce FX unsupported under Vista); ATI Radeon 9500, 9600, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800, X850, X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950, 2400, 2600, 2900, 3450, 3650, 3850, 3870, 4850, 4870; Intel Extreme Graphics GMA X3x00 series.

Other: Laptop versions of chipsets above may work, but may run comparatively slower.

Phew! I have 3 gigs of RAM, I'm safe! :3 I guess buying this computer was a good idea after all.

What's funny about it is that I went into Best Buy the day after I got my first credit card and walked up to the guy and said, "I need a computer that can play The Sims 2 without making me wait on the loading screens for 10 minutes each time."

LOL He was awesome, led me right to this baby. The one I was buying was the last one they had so it was the display one.. Well they had to take it to the back and delete the display computer stuff and make it work normally so they took it for a day. When I went back they said there was a problem and I couldn't have that computer but since I already paid they gave me one that actually had a better processor in it for no extra charge! o_O

Sorry, that was long. It's all because of TS2, though!

• 2 weeks later...

I love The Sims! It's so easy to get addicted to that game and stay up all night playing.

Very excited for the third one. I wish I had enough money to buy all the extensions and extras because they make the game so much better!