Wishing Well

safetymath

Well a Bag of Peanuts isn't that silly. You can sell it for 400,000, but if you want the avatar I suggest that if you buy it, you should feed it to a PINK elephante so that you get the Pink Avvie and the elephante avvie!

People actually usually don't wish for silly things, but the Wishing Will has a way of reinterpreting whatever someone wishes for.

Well a Bag of Peanuts isn't that silly. You can sell it for 400,000, but if you want the avatar I suggest that if you buy it, you should feed it to a PINK elephante so that you get the Pink Avvie and the elephante avvie!

I'd just like to point out that you can only get the Pink avatar by feeding a pink elephant something with the word "popcorn" in its name.

Yeah, the Wishing Well sometimes gives you something you don't want. See, the Wishing Well gives what the site's search function lists as the first item in the list from a search result of that item. That also means that items of certain rarities cannot be attained. So on one where a person got a Baby Paint Brush Plushie, they probably wished for a Baby Paint Brush, but the Wishing Well did a search, and only a Baby Paint Brush Plushie came up.

I had asked the Wishing Well for a Meepit. After only a couple of days of wishing, at 50 NP a shot, it not-so-kindly gave me Meepit vs Feepit Action Figures. :hmmph:

Since then, I've been a lot more choosy and specific about what I'm wishing for: Maraquan Acara Morphing Potion. It's not very open to other interpretations. Of course, a Bag of Peanuts wouldn't be a bad wish, either....

Yeah, the Wishing Well sometimes gives you something you don't want. See, the Wishing Well gives what the site's search function lists as the first item in the list from a search result of that item. That also means that items of certain rarities cannot be attained. So on one where a person got a Baby Paint Brush Plushie, they probably wished for a Baby Paint Brush, but the Wishing Well did a search, and only a Baby Paint Brush Plushie came up.

That's what I figured...but how can you get some unbuyables like Cactopus Cream or Bag of Peanuts and not, say, a Faerie Paint Brush Plushie? (I'd guess that a lot of people wish for a Faerie Paint Brush, but you never see Faerie PB Plushie on the list of granted wishes). Does it go by the Neopets rarity index?

I have stopped using wishing well a long time ago since I didn't get anything from there haha but I think I will give it a try again once more and see if I'm lucky this time round..

That's awesome! I think it's based mostly on luck, and being specific on what you wished for.

So, after reading this thread a few days ago, I changed my standard Wishing Well wish from Maraquan Acara Morphing Potion to the suggested Bag of Peanuts. I continued to donate 50 NP once per day.

Today, less than a week after I started, I got my Bag of Peanuts! Yay! Another avatar for me!

The strange thing is that this is the second time I got something from the Wishing Well. o_O Usually, I have really horrible luck with random things...

So, after reading this thread a few days ago, I changed my standard Wishing Well wish from Maraquan Acara Morphing Potion to the suggested Bag of Peanuts. I continued to donate 50 NP once per day.

Today, less than a week after I started, I got my Bag of Peanuts! Yay! Another avatar for me!

The strange thing is that this is the second time I got something from the Wishing Well. o_O Usually, I have really horrible luck with random things...

Wow you make this sound so easy. Funny why more people arent doing it :P Maybe i'll go try myself ^^

I've started doing that in hopes of getting the Bag of Peanuts. I think I'll just sell it, and when I start to actually collect avvies or zap a Elephante when I get a lab ray, I'll buy a Bag of Peanuts. Hopefully the price will have deflated a little by then..

The way people are talking makes it sound as if the Wishing Well was a legit, fast, and inexpensive way to make money. I mean, why work for hours to get 50k+ on flash games when you can wish for a bag of peanuts. Life is a conundrum sometimes.

The way people are talking makes it sound as if the Wishing Well was a legit, fast, and inexpensive way to make money. I mean, why work for hours to get 50k+ on flash games when you can wish for a bag of peanuts. Life is a conundrum sometimes.
Hahaha! :D

Sorry. I wasn't laughing at you, just the irony of this whole situation. I wasn't at all implying that it was a reliable way to make money. I was merely expressing my glee and confusion at getting lucky at any random thing on Neopets, not once, but TWICE! I'm usually remarkably unlucky at stuff like this.

I don't at all endorse using the Wishing Well as a get-rich-quick scheme. However, I do wish everyone else the best of luck with the Wishing Well.

(Now back to wishing for my Maraquan Acara Morphing Potion that the Wishing Well doesn't seem to want to give me. Or maybe I'll move onto the Snorkle Snout next. ^_^ )

^ None from what I've seen from NeoAvatar's database.

I think what marsyk the mad meant was that the bag of peanuts gave her the avatar. ^_^

Nothing for me so far. I might try the possible 'theory' :P

According to the guides I've read, it doesn't matter how much NP you donate. You'll have an equal chance of getting the item, if you spend 1 NP och 50 NP (or more). However, TDN says you can make a wish 4 times every day. Does that mean you can go four times in a row, or do you have to wait in between?

So, my incredible, great luck with the wishing well strikes again! As suggested in my last post in this thread, it was my plan to wish for a snorkle snout. And, a week later, I got my snorkle snout! I really can't believe this!

Time to come up with a new foolproof wish... Suggestions?