Paint Brushes : I don't get it

Shy

Ok. I am really confused. So I have a couple questions.

I am really confused about paint brushes and how so many people get them in just a few days. For example, my friend has been playing for 3 days and already has a TON of neopoints and LOADS of rare items! He has so many rare paint brushes that I can't even count how many any more. I have been playing for about 4-5 years and I still have no clue where to get paint brushes (besides the starter kit & auctions). I see them in the Auctions all the time but I can never afford them. They are being sold for 2o,ooo-1,ooo,ooo NP. Its ridiculous! I really want one, so is there any other way to get them and, where do the people get them in the first place? They have to be somewhere! Please help me!

Thanks

-Shy

Well a common way nowadays is playing Keyquest, where if you're lucky you can win a Paint Brush.

And whether or not he has a ton of neopoints really is a matter of perspective. How much do you consider to be a ton? Because it might not be all that much...

You only get a chance at certian PBs with a GOld key.

Most you see on the auctions or on the Trading Post were gotten through random events.

So. . that calender on the Neopets Page shows actual events? Lol, for some reason I didn't think those were real events.

Anyways, so pretty much I have to wait for some event to get a paint brush or save up a lot of Neopoints to buy one in an Auction?

I think Anime meant when you're browning neopets and a random event happens like, "OHEMGEE! A MEEPIT RUNS BY AND THROWS YOU A ZOMBIE PAINT BRUSH!".... -.-"

I have no idea, but if it were a random event, it wouldn't be on the calendar, hence the randomness of it :P I've never recieved a paint brush like that though....Only through the advent calendar. Or you can get em from faerie quests maybe, which are also random *shrug*

Good luck though ^_^

If your friend appears to have an expendable bank account and an apparent abundant amount of paint brushes, can he not give you one or have you buy one off of him at a discount? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Because of Key Quest, a handful of brushes are rather cheap... *shrug*

Yes, that kind of random event. The calendar ones are news events. And I'm pretty sure Jako the Phantom Painter hands out PBs. You can't get them from Faerie Quests, but you can get a Fountain Faerie Quest and she'll paint a pet if you complete it.

This situation does sound a little fishy. However, I'm sure that there are some people who can and will dump all of their time into playing a game (*cough*World of Warcraft *cough*). I know that I don't have that kind of time to devote to earning Neopoints.

Key Quest, however, is really a great way to earn loads of Neopoints. In an average game, I will earn between 1000 and 2000 NP, and there's no limit on how many games you can play each day. I've also earned a few paint brushes that way, too.

Also, I've earned at least three Christmas paint brushes, as random events, when visiting locations on Terror Mountain. I would go between checking Tarla's Mystery Shop and the Igloo Garage Sale every minute or so. This generated LOTS of random events, which included neggs and Xmas PBs.

If his account is only a few days old and he has ALL that I would suspect he is a hacker.

Yeah I know that what I was thinking too. I mean, 4 mil and a lot of PBs and other rare items in just a couple days?

But anyways, you can also get a PB from wheels. I'm sure you can get one from the Wheel of Monotony, but I'm not sure about all the others.

Other ways would be REs. I've gotten random PBs from random faeries that just dropped by and gave me one.

If your friend appears to have an expendable bank account and an apparent abundant amount of paint brushes, can he not give you one or have you buy one off of him at a discount? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Because of Key Quest, a handful of brushes are rather cheap... *shrug*

I asked him if maybe he could charge me for one about 3-4 thousand NP. But he wont answer me

Yes, that kind of random event. The calendar ones are news events. And I'm pretty sure Jako the Phantom Painter hands out PBs. You can't get them from Faerie Quests, but you can get a Fountain Faerie Quest and she'll paint a pet if you complete it.

uh, who is Jako and where can find him? Lol, and the Fountain Faerie . . . I dunno (well i think I dunno) where she is

Yeah I know that what I was thinking too. I mean, 4 mil and a lot of PBs and other rare items in just a couple days?

But anyways, you can also get a PB from wheels. I'm sure you can get one from the Wheel of Monotony, but I'm not sure about all the others.

Other ways would be REs. I've gotten random PBs from random faeries that just dropped by and gave me one.

Isn't that the really really really super slow wheel?

Yes, sometimes Tarla decides to give out paint brushes - I remember getting some Cloud and Sketch PBs from her before. :yes:

And for the record, some people on this thread have the wrong definition of the word 'hacker'. <_<