3,6 billion NPs stolen!

Ehlana

Last week somebody has stolen all of my Neopoints from my bank account. It was about 3,600,000 NPs! My password was changed and my PIN was changed. Since that I got a Sloth Invasion's Tax Trophy - but does Neopets change your PW and PIN????!!!??? I didn't got an answer from Neopets staff but I'm quit angry :(

What doe you mean? Hacker or Sloth?

I think that you got hacked or in other words somebody changed your PW and PIN and then Sloth came and happened to take your money which in exchange you got a trophy. Hope you get all your money back :(.

In Europe it would be Million in the States i guess Billion. In number 3.600.000,00 Neopoints (Quite a lot hm?) I was saving for some more darigan PBs :grrr:

I allready filled in the abuse form. I'm checking my mails everyhalf an hour on my I-Phone to see if the Neopets Stuff might answered me..

I know its "just" Neopoints, but the fact that someone has stolen my points makes me really angry. Could you be happy with an expensive item that you bought with neopoints that belong to an other person? I couldn't :( :worried: :thumbsdown: x_x :stitchface: :sick01: :sad01_anim: :crying:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

A max of 5 smileys per post, please.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

No, that's actually just million everywhere. Million is always the same. It's billion and everything after that that gets confusing. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_and_short_scales

Also, I can't provide an accurate guess as to what happened yet. Was the NP stealing before or at the same time as the PW/PIN changes?

As I logged in I noticed that the password isn't correct so I let it send to my Mail adress.. There I saw that the Password got changed, the same with my PIN. After I was able to log in I saw in my bank account, that theres a Zero..

how can you possibly login to your account if the password was changed?

hmmm... unless someone who is using your computer changed the password.

If you your mail-adress is still correct you can use the service to send it to your mail-adress. So I checked my mails and there I saw the password that the hacker provided.. And with that password I was able to log in to neopets

:crying: That is so horrible!!! It takes a lot of time to earn that many neopoints, I wonder if there is a way to track what the points were used on, because then you could probably tell who stole the NP because the person would have had to buy something from an auction or use the TP in order to physically take the money out, was there anything in your inventory that wasn't there before, even if it was something simple like jelly, or perhaps a fishing item that could indicate this?