Keyquest woes...

TheUnknown

If you saw my other topic earlier, I said that I recently re-upgraded to Firefox 3 after Neopets updated their toolbar.

Everything's fine, things go normally (although I still find that FF3 starts up much slower than FF2...).

Until I go on KQ.

Suddenly, the game seems... very unresponsive. I try to make a loop to "capture" the Petpetpet quickly, but the line doesn't seem to react well to the speed of my mouse, and it ends up in odd angles that go the wrong way. This is also applies to the Plant-growing one, where for some reason, the water doesn't seem to reach the seeds quickly enough and my opponent wins at seemingly impossible speeds.

In other words, it's like KQ 1.0 again. Laggy, unresponsive, and seemingly unfair to the slow. The question is, is it slow? Does anyone else have trouble on KQ while using FF3?

I think the slow response to Key Quest is on the neopets end, not FF3. Last night I was playing with no problems. But tonight it started to get choppy, not loading, cutting out, etc.

It's beta so... yeah...*shrug*.

Yeah its on neopets side. I personally can do really well in a game and the next time i play it it lags so bad that i don't even get into the game before they are already collecting there prize. Don't give up though, it will get better.

It's not the browser! I play my sister and sometimes I lag, or she lags. Both our computers are around the same age, she uses IE something, I use FF3. Sometimes with mini games, she'll be tons of points ahead before I even get in! Or it'll be the other way around. Most of the time though we're in the same position.

For mini games, sometimes they are hard at first and (like me) you blame the computer because you think you're doing it right. Honestly though, it's practice. I STILL can't figure out the Poogle Racing game. Actually my last game was OK, I managed to shoot the target for once :P. With the Petpetpet game, I draw a circle with my mouse which turns into a box and captures them. I was terrible at first, but now I'm pretty good! The flower game is the game I'm best at. Try to water two seeds at a time. It takes a few tries to find where to place the watering can but it's MUCH faster than watering each seed individualy. It's possible whoever you're playing is doing that so it seems they're amazingly fast. And the water does fall slowly I guess, it's annoying but it does that for everyone :).

I've had this, all of a sudden, (with all browsers) that we'll start the mini game... I'll be WELL ahead of the person, win, but it says they won and receive the prize.

:grrr:

I understand that this is a beta version of the game but the games seems to be getting worse, before it's getting better. (I just started playing a few days ago too LOL)

The unfairness of speed from on users mini game to another is, in my opinion,

the real downfall of keyquest, I mean I know winning mini games doesn't garuntee you a win,

but it certainly does give a player an unfair advantage to get all the mini-game prizes. Doesn't it?

p.s. on my compy the games only really lag if I'm on my lap top? So maybe wireless Internet is no good?