Meerca Chase - please HELP!

Glitzerstrahl

Hi everybody!

I was stupid enough to think I could beat AAA at Meerca Chase. But I just can´t get enough points! I´ve read the TDN guide for that game, but it doesn´t really help me :crying:

That special hidden level doesn´t work for me, it´s really driving me nuts :S

Same problem with Bumble Beams and Pteri Attack. I´m far away from beating AAA...

It´s really funny: on some days I think Daily Dare is hilariously easy. For example highscore for Itchy Invasion - got it in about 2 minutes. Or Faerie Bubbles. But then again, there are games that are really too hard :grrr:

But maybe anybody could help?

Thanks and bye!

The easiest way is to play gravity level... but you said it doesn't work for you. Is it because you can't start it or because the controls are confusing you and you can't play it?

Hey,

thanks for your answer! I unlocked gravity mode but the controls are TOTALLY confusing me - although I´ve read all guides very carefully. It is really sooooo frustrating :(

Right now I´m also still struggling with Pterattack, but at least I can see some improvement there... but nothing like that at Meerca Chase.

I read on the neoboards that you can practice gravity controls by playing Dubloon Disaster.

Or here is my very own explanation. Up arrow is your gas. You want to be pressing it continuoustly, unless you are planning to slide to catch a Negg. It's better to rotate in only one direction. (I pick counterclockwise) Tap on the left (or right) arrow accordingly to the angle you need to meet. Left and right arrows are like the wheel of a car. I suggest you to practice a bit with that... until you can catch a few neggs at least. Then either practice more or wait for the fish negg to appear as your first negg. It might take a long time, but it will happen :P.

Meerca chase gravity mode really does take a lot of practice. The first few times I tried it, I kept dying nearly right away. But then I realised that you die if you touch the walls. You also die if you touch your tail, and I would keep sliding back into it right after collecting my second negg. I still have that problem sometimes.

Keep practicing! It will take a while to get used to the controls, so don't despair! Until you've played in gravity mode for a few days, don't expect to get a chain of more than five or six neggs consistently. Remember, you only need to get one fish negg, or one power negg and six yellow neggs. The second one was how I finished this challenge. It took me a couple of hours of constant playing to get it.

As for Pterattack, it's as much luck as skill. You need a fully powered up weapon (level 4). I would recommend the fireball or the pteriboom. Those are the easiest to use, since they wipe out a lot of enemies at once. Again, it took me a few hours, and I used to be pretty good at this game. Keep trying, and don't give up! Good luck!

Yup, I agree with Masaryk on the the Pterattack. I'd try to get level 4 fireball. Keep playing until you do, and once you do, just sit back and hold down the shoot button and watch you score skyrocket.

I've only beat AAA once, which was during Turmac Roll. Here is my hint to you. Don't challenge somebody until AFTER you finished the game. After you challenged whoever's score you beat, you can then send the score, and TA-DA! No not getting the prize or a "bad" trophy!

I actually beat AAA by playing Meerca Chase the classic way on hard mode. I can't do the gravity mode, it's ridiculous to me. So if you can't figure it out these are the tips I have for classic-hard mode:

- I tend to start a game and if the first negg is yellow, I run into the wall. I keep restarting until I get a colored Negg, the games usually gave out more of them if I did that. I actually saw about 7 fish neggs that popped up as my first negg doing this. After that though I kept getting over excited and messing up. *head desk*

- Also if you grab a negg and a red negg pops up the first few times, I would start over. It was ideal for me to start out with say, a green negg, and not have a red negg pop up for at least 4 good ones. Those games were usually the BEST.

- Try different background colors. After I changed and realized that the peach color was so much easier than the grey that I had ALWAYS used, I got it fast. I think that the light background colors are easier because they give the illusion that the neggs and the meerca are much bigger than on darker colors. Plus it's easier to see the outlines and to not bump into the red neggs!

I think that's it for my tips.. It took me a while but I got that baby, whoo! I was SO excited when I won! If I think of anything else, I will post here again. :D