Health question...

master11190

I've been to a gazillion doctors, and I'm fine. They all told me that the only abnormal about me is that there is nothing abnormal about me -_- But every time I do any kind of exercise, I get lightheaded to the point of almost passing out. >.< It's so annoying!! I drank TWO bottles of water while I was on the treadmill this afternoon, and it didn't help at all. I also ate string cheese and a banana before I went. This has been happening for over a year. Help! :crying:

That's weird. Maybe exercise gives you low blood pressure, I don't think it would but it could happen. Orrrrr...low sugar levels? Low energy? Over exercising? I know I get shaky and lightheaded if I'm working and forget to eat lunch, but that's no related to exercise, but it is from low sugar levels at the time.

Hope you do get it sorted out, that's not fun at all!

I understand your doctors say that you're fine, but I would recommend you see a physician about a possible heart condition, including getting a CT scan of your heart. Lightheadedness during exercise is unusual unless you either have a eating disorder (unlikely, as your doctors should have checked) or a heart problem. If you're only experiencing lightheadedness after exercise, then the key is to not stop immediately, but to slow down while you're exercising.

Please understand that I am not a doctor and that the foregoing medical advice I give is not guaranteed to be completely correct.

I've had lots of tests done, including an echocardiogram and an EKG. I also wore a heart monitor for 21 days, and the cardiologist said my heart is perfect. I think it might be that I still haven't been eating enough. My mom has been in control of my eating since I came to her about my eating disorder, and she figured that I would be fine on 1200 calories a day. After I explained to her that I was still feeling lightheaded at the gym she suggested I bump it up to 1400 calories, which seems to be working better so far. I didn't get AS lightheaded today when I worked out, so that's good :) Hopefully I'm eating enough now, because 1400 is about as high as I'm willing to go :P

Go for 3000 a day. That's what I do :P

No, but an easy way to get more calories would be to fall in love with some sort of food. Mine would be meat. I love meat, and I'd suggest you eat the not-lean meat, which should help you get more calories and energy in.

Of course, that doesn't work too well if you're a vegetarian. Are you?

Nope I'm not a vegetarian. I used to be, but I actually found it was harder to eat healthier things. Now I eat a very balanced diet. My mom used to be a marathon runner, and she has tons of nutrition books. My favorite meal is our homemade bean burritos :) Mmmmm

Maybe it is that you have very fast metabolizam so you burn food faster than you think? in that cause it is better to eat more calories.

I have hypoglycemia which, in a nutshell, means my metabolism is insanely fast and that my blood sugar runs low. I eat about 2 times the amount of carbs/starch as the usual person and I still am 5'7 and 120lbs, lmao. Anyways, if I exercise too long after eating a snack, I will get light headed because my blood sugar is low. Perhaps that could be it? Hypoglycemia isn't like...a disease or handicap, it's just a condition. I am a very healthy person, but I was just born with it. It just means I eat about 5-6 small meals a day instead of 2-3 larger ones (which is actually better for you anyways).

I tend to exercise about 1.5 hours a day and I always eat some fruit or a plate of veggies (any snack will do) and a glass of water about 45 minutes prior to exercising. If I don't, I'll start feeling exactly how you feel (lightheaded).

Yeah I would wager a guess that your are still just recovering/struggling with the effects of your eating disorder. It sounds like you and your mom have a really special relationship though, and that your relationship is going to be key to your health and recovery, which is great! I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling successful in your attempts to change. And I think at the very least whatever this dizzy thing is or isn't your mom will have your back, and that kind of love will go a long way toward making someone fell better. .

• 2 years later...

I think you should take proper amount of diet and fruit drinks..healthy diet and regular exercise is good for you.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting old or if I severely lack exercise .. but these days I get tired from going up the same flight of stairs I normally take when going home.

I used to be flexible as well ... however I've lost that fitness ability as well -_- ...

Is there any other type of exercise you can do at home other than sit ups/push ups ? :S