Relationship stuff!

master11190

Everybody could use a little happy relationship news, right? I LOVE MY BOYFRIEND! :wub_anim: My life has completely changed since I've been with him, and I am SO happy! I've been with way too many jerks in the past, and it's refreshing to find that there are still great guys out there. :3

Aww, sweet! It's nice to hear a little good news every now and then. ^_^

I'm fortunate enough to be acquainted with two of the few remaining gentlemen in the world. One is a close friend from the past who's still here whenever I need him. The other is my best friend now, and he's more of a big brother than a friend. It's so good to know that gentlemen do still exist... =]

Yeah my boyfriend is someone i have grown up with. But since he lives over 2,000 miles from me and one of us have always been dating someone since we like each other we have only been dating for like a year and a half. More good news though is that i get to see him in just over a week. I'm so beyond happy.

That's wonderful! I love my fiance, too. :D We've both straightened out and both gotten relatively fatter in the past coupe of years. LOL

Yeah I know this guy :wub_anim: ...:P JK lol don't worry, I'm not gay. Just felt like I had to put that out there since everyone was talking about boys xD

Me? I'm single, and I've personally decided not to date anyone for the rest of high school, since both of my past girlfriends ended up hating me or me hating them. So...yeah..

Glad you found a cool guy though.

I agree with Will. I'm not dating through high school. Especially since most of the guys I know are really close friends with me, and I'd never date a close friend. I've seen too many good friendships fall apart because relationships got in the way. So I'm sticking with my best friend rather than a boyfriend. =]

I agree with Will. I'm not dating through high school. Especially since most of the guys I know are really close friends with me, and I'd never date a close friend. I've seen too many good friendships fall apart because relationships got in the way. So I'm sticking with my best friend rather than a boyfriend. =]

I wouldn't say never date a close friend. I am dating one of my best friends and i couldn't be happier. Its different being with someone that you are close with first then someone you weren't. I personally dated a guy all through high school that i fell for and he was a complete *insert favorite phrase here* to me. Then i started dating my current boyfriend and i couldn't be happier.

Part of dating though is finding what you like and what you are looking for in a relationship so you can't just say I won't date now. Just let things progress as they are don't push things.

Well it's like it seems good at first, but then gets bad. I was really close friends with them, but after a while, differences start to show, and things get rough. That's why 50% of marriages end in divorce (please note statistics may be completely false. It's what I saw on the Office, and I'm not too sure how reliable it is lol)

Actually, yes, you are statistically correct. =[ But we're looking for happy things! Goodness!

Everyone thinks Michael and I are dating. (He's the friend who's like a brother.) It's gotten to the point that it's just funny to hear them.

Them: "Are you two dating?"

Us: "No."

Them: "Oh... But... you're going to, right?"

Them: "Oh. Right."

Us: *exasperated sigh*

Actually, yes, you are statistically correct. =[ But we're looking for happy things! Goodness!

Everyone thinks Michael and I are dating. (He's the friend who's like a brother.) It's gotten to the point that it's just funny to hear them.

Them: "Are you two dating?"

Them: "Oh... But... you're going to, right?"

Them: "Oh. Right."

Us: *exasperated sigh*

I had a friend like that. He was pretty much my longest guy friend but he had always liked me and i only saw him as a friend. Eventually things got weird and i haven't talked to him in months... so yeah. Hopefully it doesn't end that way with you two.

I decided a long time ago that I never want to get divorced. My theory is, if I find the right guy, I won't need another chance! ^^ My parents have been married like 25 years or more, so they set a good example. :)

I decided a long time ago that I never want to get divorced. My theory is, if I find the right guy, I won't need another chance! ^^ My parents have been married like 25 years or more, so they set a good example. :)

That is my theory too. Which is why I really want to be sure that i am with the right person before i make that kind of commitment to anyone. No couple is perfect but as long as your with someone that can help you when you need help and support you when you need it and the list goes on I don't want to have to go through that.

Lol well realistically you'd never make it a goal to get divorced either.

I dunno. I'm willing to bet that most of those divorced marriages didn't want to divorce either. Sometimes it's just something you can't help. I dunno, I just can't shake the feeling that it won't be easy, considering there's a 50-50 chance.

People are lazy. It's easy to think that a good amount of divorces are because they didn't try enough, but there are other scenarios. It's probably just because of bad judgement, some people are attracted to each other but really hate each other on the inside. Then some people marry simply for financial reasons, once they're set money wise and don't need help from a spouse, what're you going to do? It's all very complicated.

I think marriage should really be between two people who love each other, and know that even if they didn't love each other they'd still be good friends. Because then if you "fall out of love", you're not stuck with someone you hate, and you can still work things out.

I love my boyfriend? Lol that's happy I guess :D Been together for almost 17 months, YAY!

Ah but same as theknowledge02, I live in the US (Ohio baby!) and he lives in Australia. Heh so I guess that can go under the sad category >__< But I'm going to try and go see him either this summer or next winter break, wish me luck on account of I must ask my daddy first <33333

Yeah, and we don't go jumping into bed with eachother 2 seconds into the relationship XD!

But yay, thank you ^__^ I'm excited *bounces around forum*

Yup, that's a good thing too. :yes: That's one of the aspects I most detest about some of the "relationships" at school. It's VERY obvious that that's what the relationship was. VERY. And it saddens me that people would do something like that.

CasiCane I hope you get to see him soon. I get to see mine in 5 days I'm so beyond happy. Also i do think the distance would go into the sad category. You don't realize all the small things you take for granted in a relationship until you are in a long distance relationship. But one good thing is that you appreciate your time together more, or at least i do.

*counts on fingers* Wow i have also been in this relationship for almost 17 months. Go us.