Daily Dare starts on Monday, March 2nd!

Xepha

Hello everybody! We have some very exciting news for you concerning the Daily Dare, Double Dare and NC Challenge. First of all, we have the confirmation that this year's competition starts on Monday, March 2nd and will last for 30 days.

dailydare_news.gif

This year's competition will include five different trophies which are :

Scoretacular - Match or beat AAA's score for all four Double Dare challenges on the launch day of all Double Dare challenges.

The Ultimate Prize - Match or beat AAA's score on the launch day of all 30 Daily Dare challenges.

Uberiffic - Match or beat Abigail's or AAA's scores on the launch day of all 30 Daily Dare challenges.

Megasuperb - Beat all AAA's score by the end of Daily Dare.

Spiffitastic - Match or beat Abigail's or AAA's scores by the end of Daily Dare.

The Double Dare that was announced in yesterday's news is a special weekly challenge in which you will have to beat AAA for the game, if you choose to accept. If you succeed, you will be rewarded with both AAA's and Abigail's prizes for that day. However, you can't change your mind and if you can't beat the Double Dare, you won't be able to switch to regular Daily Dare, thus you won't get any prizes.

Also, as we announced to you yesterday, there will be a NC Challenge. To take part into this challenge, you must purchase tickets from the NC Mall and beat Lulu's score for the amount of games of your choice. You will earn extra prizes from taking part of NC Challenge, and if you beat all 30 NC Challenge, you will also receive an exclusive bonus Neocash item!

mall_ddticket_challenge1.gifmall_ddticket_challenge5.gifmall_ddticket_challenge10.gifmall_ddticket_challenge30.gif

You can find more information about all this by reading Daily Dare FAQ, Double Dare FAQ and NC Challenge FAQ.

The Daily Neopets will continue to provide you top information regarding the Daily Dare. Make sure to check out our Daily Dare Coverage and our spiffy Daily Dare counters.

I have never participated in DD so I have no idea how I will do.. I'm kind of confused about the whole thing so I will bookmark the TDN coverage page.. LOL! I hope I get something good!

So, is the "Double Dare" pretty much just a weekly thing where if you beat AAA, you get the prize for Abigail as well? :eh:

As i understand it its a the whole month of March but there is like a side thing where you can try to get the double dare which is more on a week basis. Am i correct?

Izzy is going to write an article about all this to stop the confusion. Thanks Izzy, you're awesome :P.

My summary :

Daily Dare = what we are used to. With 4 possible prizes.

Double Dare = 4 challenges that will happen at random time (one per week). You have to beat AAA and you win AAA and Abi prizes. If you can't beat AAA after setting up the challenge, you can beat Abi or AAA another day and still be eligible to Megasuberb or Spiffitastic.

NC Challenge = buy tickets and play to beat Lulu score. SN posted how much each of them are costing. (I remember the 30 ticket cost $20). If you beat her 30 times, you win an exclusive NC prize.

Hmmm... only now I notice there is the NC challenge. I only have 50 NC left, and wonder if it is enough to even buy 1 game ticket.

That's what I have left too. I wonder if there's even a point in doing only 1 or 2 NC challenges, since it sounds like the prize comes from doing all of them. I couldn't tell if there were individual prizes.

That's what I have left too. I wonder if there's even a point in doing only 1 or 2 NC challenges, since it sounds like the prize comes from doing all of them. I couldn't tell if there were individual prizes.

If you do 1 NC challenge, you get one extra prize...

If you do all NC challenges, you get prize for each of them plus 1 exclusive prize.

Thing is, are they NC prizes, or NP prizes? Seems kinda unfair for them to get items that people could probably sell for a ton just because they got some NC with them.

From the FAQ :

"Can I sell and/or trade NC Challenge prizes?

Yes, you can sell or trade your NC Challenge prizes if you wish. However, you may not sell or trade the exclusive bonus Neocash item awarded for successfully completing all 30 NC Challenge games."

So yes, they are NP items that you can trade, sell... and take advantage of.

Ugh... Perfect. This screams exploitable. :/ Of course, I could always just get an NC card and join in as well. But to use that for the Daily Dare? :/ Hm...

Yes, it's discutable...

I say it depends how easy (hard) it is to win against her... and what kind of prizes she gives out too.