How do they get that much?!

High_Low_Catothpie

When I browse the training post, I see people who have lots that add up to like 20Mill, like a few MP and paint brushes and super rare items, with "neo mail for separates" as the wish list.

Now I look on these people look up pages and some of them are only been on neopets for a few months.

Here is my question:

How do they get so many rare items?

If it turns out to be some RL thing (like key quest, merchandise codes, premium accounts etc) I am going to be VERY bitter because I am for the UK and unable to buy/get this stuff easily or cheaply.

So how do they do it? Because the rage is killing me D: I can barely get 20k a day from games/ resells and when you want 3 mill for grey paint brush/MP it looks a LONG way of D:

I always thought it was just that these people were constantly online and have been for years! I hate it when I see someone using a 1 month old side account that has all these trophies and tons of rare items in their galleries/TPs.

I fail at saving or earning money! I spend it too quickly. :(

Yeah, most of the fast earners I know are expert restockers. I hear that if you're good enough, you can have an income of several million NP a day. :O

A DAY? Well, one person on neopets who I know is trying to get a million neopoints daily for interest at her bank. That would be very rewarding. :P But I suppose that would be nothing, compared to how much money you would have on your bank account...

From an old NT editorial:

This might have been asked before, but how many Neopoints do you have to have in the bank to get one million Neopoints of interest? ~__ultrastar__

Let's see… thanks to that nifty computer desktop calculator and rudimentary maths skills, it seems you need roughly 2,920,000,000 Neopoints. You'd better start saving now :(

WARNING: Educational content

To find out the answer to any similar question, just take the sum you want daily, multiply that by 365 (days in a year), then take the interest rate (in this case, 12.5% for the Ultimate Riches bank account), move the decimal point two spaces to the left, and divide to find out how much NP you'd need to save to get that daily interest amount. Voila!

1,000,000 x 365 = 365,000,000 / .125 = 2,920,000,000 NP!

So yeah... once you had that much in your account, a million would hardly be anything. *daydreams* :P

wow I was wondering who would have thought of having 1 million nps interest in the bank :S but I will work hard for that target haha

Well, saving can be a goal in itself for some people (like me :P ).

I guess we can draw the conclusion that it's dedication and skill, not cash, that makes you rich on Neopets. :)

It was hard for me to save for my Pink PB as I wanted to save up to 3 mil so that I wasnt broke when getting the Pink PB. lol. I managed to do it in less than 60 days. And let me tell ya to mark something off of your goals on your userlookup is very rewarding in itself (to me anyway)... lol.

Now I dont really have anything to save for other than books for Missy (my pink lupe) and of course training my new Jetsam and training Missy.. lol.