Difficult pets?

acisdid

It depends of the number of letters in your pet name and in the items you are trying on the pet.

You can change Neopets language and try them again. One of the language should work.

I haven't thought about this at all. What's the deal here? I want my main pet to read more books, since he's rather picky. (His name has 8 characters.) So I'll just fool around with different language settings, and he'll eventually read the book?

Yep, he will eventually read the book :P

Just try it. It works better if you pick one of the Asian symbols one XD.

Oh my Lenny lab rat is a punk! He's not so picky about things,

but he is never happy! I can play with him, feed him, heal him...

NOTHING WORKS! He's just rude, but I love him anyways :D

And then obviously since my xweetoks have the same name backwords,

they're both really picky about their food, especially jelly, which is a little frustrating.

Changing the language always works perfectly for me though. I use it lots!

My pets aren't that sensitive. I mean sure, there's the average, "I'm not eating that!" I only get that from my poogle though, that naughty fellow. xD But all of my other pets are perfect little angels. -All of a sudden my Christmas Kacheek breaks a vase- -Trys to cover it up.- Perfect little angels. ^_^

Yep, he will eventually read the book :P

Just try it. It works better if you pick one of the Asian symbols one XD.

Great! I'll keep that in mind, next time I get hold of some unread book. I'd rather read it than sell it. But what's the acctual deal here? In what way does the pet's name affect it wanting or not wanting to read/eat etc? What's the forumula here? :P

I'm not exactly sure, but some people say that it depends on the rare species. Like, I have a poogle, and it's very picky. But other people say that it depends on the letters in your pet's name rather then how many letters in the name. Maybe some people did some tests and made a petpage. You should look online.

I wonder why it doesn't work for you. I found an EXCELLENT book at the Book Shop but my kacheeck wouldn't read it. When I forced it to, it did! I changed the language to Japanese, but it wasn't really a problem for me, because I know japanese, so I was wondering around the site and my language was in Japanese. xD

I wonder why it doesn't work for you. I found an EXCELLENT book at the Book Shop but my kacheeck wouldn't read it. When I forced it to, it did! I changed the language to Japanese, but it wasn't really a problem for me, because I know japanese, so I was wondering around the site and my language was in Japanese. xD

it still won't work. i'll try feeding him later when his hunger is not bloated.

Ahh! You might not have to change languages at all! It could just be bloated! That explains a lot. ^-^

I'm not exactly sure, but some people say that it depends on the rare species. Like, I have a poogle, and it's very picky. But other people say that it depends on the letters in your pet's name rather then how many letters in the name. Maybe some people did some tests and made a petpage. You should look online.
Both my Cybunnies are very picky. I have to change the language to read them books and (on rare occasions) feed them gourmet foods most of the time. They are my first LE pets, I've never had as much trouble with regular ones.

None of my pets have EVER willingly eaten Tchea Fruit. I don't know what it is- they just refuse. Not just the three I have now, no pets in the past ever wanted to eat one. Madness!

I don't mind, I think it's kind of fun and adds to their personality :). Real animals are picky, it's so funny how they don't like certain things. Like people! So it's nifty Neopets are the same.

I do change the language quite frequently, it is just annoying. She refuses to eat a 2/3 sausage omelette no matter what way you cut it... but she says that a whole sausage omelette is her favorite, and will never hesitate to eat 1/3. I do agree that it adds to their personality, like my Lupe, he is always breaking toys. But it just makes me think of him like a big, awkward doggie knocking stuff over with his tail. :) It's cute, as opposed to my overly finicky zafara, which is mostly just frustrating.

So if it's about the length of the name, then will the pet be more picky with a longer or shorter name?

It all really depends. On another site i go to they have all the different "unreadable" books and the "uneatable" books and what not. I haven't really had any problems with it as long as you change the language. For instance they have two formulas for books that look like this

Formula 1: (m+1)*2

Formula 2: ((m+1)*2)+1

m being the number of letters in your pets name

If we take my pet extragrowth he personally won't like books with 24 or 25 letters (including spaces). Since it is mainly a book site they don't really have the formulas for the other ones but I'm sure there are similar formulas out there for each.

Heh, it seems that I'm quite lucky compared to some of the people here. :P My Grarrl is the exact opposite of difficult - he'll eat and do pretty much anything (with the exception of grooming xD ). I haven't known my other pets for too long, but they don't seem to be exceptionally picky either.

Is it still not working for you? You should test it again, after it becomes full up.

Heh, it seems that I'm quite lucky compared to some of the people here. :P My Grarrl is the exact opposite of difficult - he'll eat and do pretty much anything (with the exception of grooming xD ). I haven't known my other pets for too long, but they don't seem to be exceptionally picky either.

well, grarrl's eat anything even items that are not food. :D

hmmm.. im still waiting for my hunger to go down from bloated. after that ill try eating the honey blossom again using another language.

Maybe try another pet? It's already been a day...and it's still bloated. :guiltysmiley:

Maybe try another pet? It's already been a day...and it's still bloated. :guiltysmiley:

i only have one pet :D and im feeding the honey blossom for the gourmet club.

my ayasame_sohma(kacheek) currently has eaten 8 gourmet food and going for 9 with honey blossom.

my kacheek ate the honey blossom. :D i used the japanese language.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.