Re-Stocking Question

wrestling3fan

I believe the best way to price item is still to search for them on Neopets. Shop Wizard for buyable items, Trading Post and Auctions for the rest. That way, you are sure that :

a. you won't overprice your items

b. you won't underprice your items

The rare items are stocked in the shops but they are super hard to find and when they are up they are normally gone before you have any time to click on them. You need a really fast connection to get them and a lot of points with you so you can pay for the book full price sometimes more is even faster. like if its 5500 np its just faster to type 5555np.

there's also a site called neoitems.net that I like to use. They have a great database that can can be sorted using different parameters (item type, rarity, keyword, etc). I'm not sure how accurate their prices are/how often they update - but for general restocking or gallery building it's helpful.

Personally, I use jellyneo. But I haven't been using it lately because I've been trying to get the Pack Rat avvie. But, when I get the avvie, that site's going to be getting a LOT of hits from me. ;)

I have my doubts about neoitems.net I'm not sure where i heard it, but somebody told me that they got a virus from that site. :guiltysmiley:

Hmm...maybe they fixed it. I wonder if that person send in a complaint or something, and they looked it over. Can somebody scan it with their virus scanner? I'm currently using my laptop, and unfortunately, it doesn't have the scanner on it. I'm going to have to download my Norton 360 onto this one, but could somebody scan it?

Like V, I'd recommend using the Shop Wizard and Trades/Auctions to price your items, since that's the only real way to make sure your prices are keeping up with the market. :yes:

Well yeah, but unless you're a premium member, you never know if what you're seeing is true.

It's not hard really. Just refresh a couple times on the SW, and you can get a very accurate range.

And if you can't find it in the SW, look in the TP. Those are the two most effective ways to find prices.

I just figured this out. The shop users are placed in alphabetical order. So look for the first letter of your username, and then do 1 NP lower then the cheapest price!

No it's not. Here's an example of a list of usernames I got when I did a search:

engelszorn

randyedmonds1234

rain_bow_girl__

esther_pigpig

eliiisa

See, they aren't in alphabetical order. TNT organizes the SW to search communities of shops. If your shop is in a certain area, then it'll be the on that shows up in the search. At least this is what I heard before.

It's best just to refresh a couple times and price your items lower than the lowest you see, unless the lowest you see is dramatically lower than all the others .For example, an item you want to sell is worth 10k, and you see one priced for 1k. In that case, it's better to buy the one worth 1k and sell both for 10k.

Most people when buying refresh a couple times to find the lowest price anyway. So putting it lower than all of the people in your search community won't work.

No it's not. Here's an example of a list of usernames I got when I did a search:

engelszorn

randyedmonds1234

rain_bow_girl__

esther_pigpig

eliiisa

See, they aren't in alphabetical order. TNT organizes the SW to search communities of shops. If your shop is in a certain area, then it'll be the on that shows up in the search. At least this is what I heard before.

It's best just to refresh a couple times and price your items lower than the lowest you see, unless the lowest you see is dramatically lower than all the others .For example, an item you want to sell is worth 10k, and you see one priced for 1k. In that case, it's better to buy the one worth 1k and sell both for 10k.

Most people when buying refresh a couple times to find the lowest price anyway. So putting it lower than all of the people in your search community won't work.

Nah, I disagree with that. It will sell if you price with within your range. If it not bought by someone who actually needs the item, it will be by someone in your range who is shop wizard restocking. If it doesn't sell within a week, lower your price.

I dunno, it's just that everyone I know usually refreshes to get a different range. You can save quite a few neopoints that way.

I mean like, say you're selling a codestone. The average is 3100 or so. I would then price it at 3000 NPs, guaranteeing that it'll be sold quickly. 100 NPs really isn't that much.

In supershop wizard, you can see ALL the stores at once, and you can be more specific with your keywords, and such.

How do u get premium?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.