Starting out restocking?

Sykez

Sometimes I restock at the Chocolate Factory, things go pretty fast but you can make a good profit off some of the chocolates/candies there. Books too, definitely.

I know the guides probably mention this but pick something that people want. For example, you might find something for an amazing price, but it's HTS. So you're stuck with the stupid thing. It will, probably, eventually sell, but sometimes it can take months, depending on the item.

In my opinion, the things people want are books, gourmet foods, chocolate, Petpets and plushies. Some plushies are HTS but a collector will most likely come across your trade or shop if they want it for their collection. Also at the magic shop you can buy morphing potions, they go quickly, so you have to be fast! There are most likely more ETS things but those are what I've had most luck with :).

Again with the 'what people want' thing, you will need to 'investigate' the shop/s you pick. Unless you're super speedy and have luck on your side, you don't have too much time to check up on the Shop Wizard for prices. You need to know what items sell for $so much and sell for $so much more. If there's a reasonable profit to be made, lots of people will be after those items.

So it takes a bit of time but it's worth it :). I'm not an avid restocker but I do it from time to time, I've made nice profits!

ok, i tried restocking for the first time using the guides posted here. i used almost 2 hours and i only got 1 Green Card from Collectable Card Shop.

errrr.... for me its really waste of time. id rather go play flash games for NP. at least i get 30 - 50k in 2 hours.

Out of all the things I've tried restocking, Mystical Surroundings has by far, made better profits than anything else. (I usually restock at stamps, Mystical Surroundings and collectable seashells.) Some of the backgrounds go for well in excess of 200k, which while compared to stamps isn't that high a profit margin, when you factor in competition is much better.

Well this petpage doesn't go INTO restocking, but it has a link of some good Neopian shops, and an estimate of how much you should have on you when you go there. www.neopets.com/~jubbyjubjack

Never do Booktastic Books. Sure, there are those books that make a profit, but it's rare. If you want a booktastic book, don't bother buying it from the shop. Just buy it from the shopwizard. But the book in the regular market place in Neopia is a good store to buy from.